Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

gear stripped?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
CUHRYTDUH
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gear stripped?

recently switched my spur/clutch bell combo to 36-17 in my revo with picco .26max.i was driving around the yard fine then i did a high speed run and at the end of it the car stopped moving. spur and clutch bell moving fine with throttle, just revs high with no movement. everything outside the tranny appears intact.could it be tranny gear stripped? car moves backwards when i move spur gearby hand but wont move forwards.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
bao

Default RE: gear stripped?

It could be the first gear input, they have a nasty habit of shredding on higher powered engines though i have a picco on 16/36 and never had that problem, only on the big block did i shred first gear inputs till i whent to a full steel rrp gearbox.
your going to have to open it up to see if its the gearbox, its not an expensive fix.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:08 AM
CUHRYTDUH

do the steel gears work in the stock case?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:11 PM
CUHRYTDUH

took it apart and the output gear is stripped part# 5395
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Mclovin350z

That is why many people use forward only kits when adding big power. You should also get the input shaft gears (1st and 2nd gear) becausethey're next. You can put steel in there, but you'll pay big for all that stuff. It's also alot more mass.With a forward only trans I only have to replace the1st and2nd primary (input shaft) gears about every3-4 gallons and that's it. It's worth it to me because I like to crack it open every once in a while anyway.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 AM
CUHRYTDUH

do i need to get the steel input gears or stay with plastic. u say every 3-4 gallons that souynds alot better than spending $80. thx for the input guys.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Mclovin350z

I would just get new plastic input gears....I think it's 13/18 for the wide ratio set, and a forward only. Unless you're running a big blockthe plastic willhold just fine for a few gallons. Make sure your slipper is set good too.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:31 PM
CUHRYTDUH

thx