Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo: Electric or Nitro??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:17 PM
traxxas_guy11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo: Electric or Nitro??

hi guys, i was wondering if you guys think i should convert my revo to electric? it is the platinum version and has a brand new never started Picco .26 max jl red dot and new dynamite 053 pipe. Im not to good with wiring or soldering and im not sure where to start on a conversion besides stripping out the motor,throttle servo, tank... what else? what would also be an affordable brushless system,battery,charger? i will only have a budget of maybe500-550 and i know that the Tekno conversion kit is 100 alone. any help is appreciated and wanted.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:38 PM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Revo: Electric or Nitro??

how much for the engine and pipe?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:20 PM
traxxas_guy11

Not sure if im gunna do it. i may either convert it, keep it, sell it, or trade for a buggy. hopefully
Old 03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
jackripped

Brushless LIPO revo smashes nitro revo for power of the line, top end, control, jump control, and in my opinion looks as well.l would convert.
You can jump an electric revo higher than a nitro one, stronger and they have more power for launching !
Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your racing or drive on a track, sell it for a buggy.

im always a fan of nitro, but the revo is one i would consider to do brushless, soldering is easy, i personally do all my connections over a propaine torch.

that red dot is worth bucks.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:58 AM
traxxas_guy11

I want to start racing and ive heard the red dot is way to powerful for the track and the monster truck class where i live has pretty much dropped off.  i would love to get a buggy but the problem is FUNDS.  im only 14 years old and mow lawns, any idea how much i can get for a Plat with the engine, pipe, HPI fm radio, losi wing(stock one too), brand new aka grideiron(stock too), integy skidplate, and 2 bodies(1 is a wreck and both havnt been cut to accomidate for side pipe, it has the direct drive(i have the broken CD in a bag), and a big bag of part???
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 AM
pure speed:]

I would say sell the engine an pipe serprete for 250 than sell the revo for 275 or sell it all for around $500 you know you can just buy used E-buggy for the 550 you already got and save the revo for bashing
Old 03-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Mclovin350z

I would part it out like the others have mentioned and put the money into a brushless revo or a flux buggy. Conversions suck!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would part it out, or sell it outright and just buy a BL E-Revo or a Savage Flux HP. They will blow your mind! Amazing trucks!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 AM
traxxas_guy11

Well i only have 40 dollars right now lol  me getting paid and selling all the nitro stuff would put me at around 550.  i hopefully will be able to do a trade for this super sweet buggy and that should suit my needs, leaving the other money to buy tires, fuel, broken parts, etc.  It is the same buggy ive wanted for over a year but have not have the funds to buy everything at one time which would definatelley start to kill me if i was starring at it and wouldnt be able to run it.  hopefully this guy will do a trade with me
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 PM
pure speed:]

if not... im sure someone else would love to trade that same buggy 4 your .26picco revo dont give up u have a hell of a revo on ur hands
Old 03-28-2011, 12:35 PM
traxxas_guy11

Well the buggy thing didnt work out... bu thats okay. im wondering what to do at this point... im thinkin about the conversion. I have had this thing for so long sometimes its hard to let go of these things. only problem like before is the funds and my inexperience with electrics. hmmm and thanks, its the best thing iv seen in a while
Old 03-28-2011, 06:00 PM
chase1

by the time you buy the mamba motor and esc, conversion kit, a couple of lipos, and a proper charger, you are just about at the cost of a newbl e-revo. certainly aused one can be found for less than the conversion will cost. sell your nitro andfind a clean used one. you dont want to tie up that much in a conversion.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: chase1

by the time you buy the mamba motor and esc, conversion kit, a couple of lipos, and a proper charger, you are just about at the cost of a new bl e-revo. certainly a used one can be found for less than the conversion will cost. sell your nitro and find a clean used one. you dont want to tie up that much in a conversion.
Exactly! Theres a used Bl E-Revo on St.Louis Craigslist thats like new for only $450 so deals are out there.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 PM
traxxas_guy11

The Revo is being sold on Ebay soon.  Will post a link and make a new topic to get the word out.  Im thinkin like 600.  Sound like a good price for such a truck?  Picco .26 max jl red dot, dynamite 053 pipe, integy skid plate, 2 bodies, 2 wings(one losi), 2 sets of tires and wheels(one is aka gridiron), HPI FM radio, entire bag of extra parts, RX battery and charger, and fuel bottle..  its RTR
Old 03-30-2011, 02:25 PM
DEKUM510

Its possible to get that but you never know with ebay. I would wait until 4/19/2011 I think, its when ebay allows you to post for free without charge unless you sell your item. Post some pics, might be interested in a trade for a losi 2.0b
Old 03-30-2011, 04:12 PM
traxxas_guy11

Unfortunately a trade would not be sufficiaciant as my primary computer just blew up.  Now i have to sink the money from the profits of the Revo into a new Custom Computer.  looks like RC will be put onto the back burner :/