Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

E-Maxx 3908/3903 Build-Update-Painted body pics!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

E-Maxx 3908/3903 Build-Update-Painted body pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 PM
stampedvxl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Maxx 3908/3903 Build-Update-Painted body pics!!!

That thing looks great, still waiting on my chassis.Keep up the good work.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
guys2nv

Jconcepts Ford Raptor body for the revo 3.3. Trimmed it out and scuffed it. Still need to buy paint,mask it and figure out body mount hole locations. Here some shots of it sitting on the truck. The paint scheme I'm thinking of is a simple fade from tamiya gun metal gray to metallic black.

Hope to have it painted once the weather warms up alil more. Thanks for checking it out!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 PM
guys2nv

Got my HK program card much earlier then I thought so I couldn't resist running it before painting the new body. I was getting attacked by mayflys so sorry for some of the pause's where the truck isn't moving as I was running away from them-haha. Enjoy!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM2RfBCxPm8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqqu5FLcm_0[/youtube]
Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 AM
stampedvxl

That thing is looking bad ***** keep the pic's comming. just got my chassis in the mail after a verry long wait. now the reconstrution begins yeaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 PM
guys2nv

Picked paint up last wed. Of course they didn't have tamiya ps-23 gunmetal so I settled for translucent silver/indy silver/metallic black/outlaw black. Marked body post holes and gave the body one final wash today and masked up the windows so I'll be painting it tommorrow. I'll try and get some photos up after I finish it. My LHS did have a 17t 5mm 32p novak exxtra hard pinion though along with a pair of losi 15mm purple springs (4.3 rate) which will replace the gray's (4.0 rate) up front since these new E-Maxx's have alot of the weight up front compared to the older 3906.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 AM
guys2nv

Sorry for the delay to get pics of the painted body up-It's been raining like crazy but got a break to snap some pics of the finished body. Didn't turn out quite like I wanted b/c I wanted the fade to start in the middle of the cab and has some overspray where I didn't want it but it is what it is so I won't mind bashing this body. With out further ado here's the pics.

Also swapped in the purple losi springs and 50wt losi shock oil up front. Geared it down from 19/68 to 17/68 to see what kinda temps I'll get once this weather breaks.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:02 PM
AKbash57

thats a really nice paint job! looking to get that same body too as my stock ones pretty much about to rip in half....lol
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
guys2nv

ORIGINAL: AKbash57

thats a really nice paint job! looking to get that same body too as my stock ones pretty much about to rip in half....lol

Thanks, All though it didn't turn out quite like I wanted where the fade starts but oh well-just gonna be bashed anyway. This body is actually for the revo 3.3 but it fits good on the 3903/3908 maxx just the indents on the body are for the revo setup. This body should last though as it's fairly thick.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:29 AM
AKbash57

So I got the almost exact same body except that mine is made by proline...just thought id share it with you as well!

The body is very thick compared to the stock body but not as flexible..ive also reinforced the body holes with strips of lexan as thats where my stock body started to rip from.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:41 PM
guys2nv

Paint looks great man although you might wanna clean up those wheel wells with a dremel or some curved body scissors but overall nice truck ya got there.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 AM
AKbash57

will do i actually used a hobby knife to cut the body out as i thought itd be easier...haha...it was harder.

btw, how that 4 shock set up working for you? im thinking of upgrading my stock shocks to something beefier...idk about going the traxxas big bore route as i want something different and like i said beefier...i was thinking of getting the powerstroke shocks for the slash (rear) and using those on my maxx but ive heard of something about it rubbing against the plastic driveshafts..do you have any of these problems? and are tehre any binding or anything with the suspension?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
guys2nv

ORIGINAL: AKbash57

will do i actually used a hobby knife to cut the body out as i thought itd be easier...haha...it was harder.

btw, how that 4 shock set up working for you? im thinking of upgrading my stock shocks to something beefier...idk about going the traxxas big bore route as i want something different and like i said beefier...i was thinking of getting the powerstroke shocks for the slash (rear) and using those on my maxx but ive heard of something about it rubbing against the plastic driveshafts..do you have any of these problems? and are tehre any binding or anything with the suspension?
Sorry for the delayed response-haven't checked my own thread-haha. I'd go for some 1/8 scale buggy shocks like I did off a losi 8ight 2.0 or something similar. The lower spring cups do rub alil on the driveshafts but it doesn't affect the truck at all and there is no binding-I'll be going metal cvd's eventually, the shocks are very sturdy and smooth.

I did run it last week on 4s, I didn't get to record any video though (sorry ). Ran it at my buddies house cause he wanted to see it run and he just got some fresh stone for his driveway and it was dropped in about a 50ft long straight with a decent pile (2-2 1/2ft high) at the beginning and another 1ft high pile after that and the rest was flat with some wavy action in it, The rest was dirt/small pebble road and some grass running. The truck jumps AWESOME so far, although it is just a tad on the soft side but the front would not bottom out-the rear just a tad. It moved like a spider over the wavy parts and my buddie loved that. His 2yr old daughter would say "WOW" every 10 seconds-lol. It is a beast though and never flinched or broke anything. It does nosedive quite a bit when it's on the brakes but I can turn them down on the esc. It would lift an inner wheel on turns and everything. The speed passion 2200kv cirtix is a very smooth motor and not a single cog the whole run but it gets hot, No temp readings but it is getting hot (looks like it'll wind up in my pede 4x4). I'm gonna mess with the gearing still to. I'll be swapping the motor to maybe a castle 2200kv motor or a tacon 4074 or the turnigy trackstar 2560kv motor (prob the turnigy cause of the higher kv)

I've gotten alot of questions about the shocks and they are holding up fine but 4 shocks maybe just overwhelmed on this big monster. I wish losi made stiffer 15mm springs so I may have to get 4 more for it and put some lighter springs on those to help the original 4 cope. I'm still glad I went this route with the shocks though, It just takes time to get it figured out which is something I don't have right now but keep an eye out for updates.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 AM
black maxx

thats something to be proud of! btw its superblackmaxx from youtub lol
Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM
guys2nv

Howdy Black Maxx-lol.

Been awhile since I've updated this thread so..... Here's a quick one. Haven't run the Maxx much but I changed the motor to a Castle 2200kv and added the blower fan, Shortened the wires and changed the bullets to 6.5mm castle's. I swapped the wheels and tires from my nitro revo to it b/c they weigh about half as much as the beadlocks. There older 3.2" 2.5 S-Maxx wheels with Pro-Line Bow Ties. Here's some pics.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Snook Man

ORIGINAL: masterhacker1989

get the flm combo bulks, they blow away every brand ive come across, Ive said it before, ill say it again, im in love with them
You must have never tried the GA 7075 bulks...
Old 08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Savage-Basher-666

That's a nice truck you have. Almost makes me want to buy an E-Maxx. Almost... LOL!
Cant wait to see it run
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
groovyice

Hi guys2nv
It's a real nice car you built ! Your chassis is black, it was painted? Mine is gray.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Mclovin350z

What shocks are those?
Old 09-17-2011, 11:59 AM
guys2nv

Hey fella's, Sorry for late response's.

@ Savage-Basher, There is vids post #28.

@ Groovyice, Thank you. The chassis was dyed black using rit dye (powder) Box cost's like $3 and can be found almost anywhere. I see you live in China so I have no idea where you could find it. Maybe a store chain that is similar to wal-mart, k-mart or super markets. If it's even sold in your country. All gray plastic parts were dyed black (bulks,skids etc etc.)

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Rit-83151-Dye-...ata/B001765G5A

@ Mclovin, Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy rear/2.0 Truggy front shocks all around. Need to open up the holes in the upper arms so the springs don't rub. Purple springs all around.

UPDATE: I ditched the gray beadlock wheels and switched the masher tires over to RPM (#82302) Revolver stablemaxx offset black 17mm hex wheels so it's full 3908 E-Maxx spec now. I also used maximizer 17mm hex conversion plastic hex's (fit perfect) $4 for a 4 pack.

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/product...r/Revolver.htm
http://www.maximizerproducts.com/mod...axx_P67028.cfm

Still need to snap pics.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM
guys2nv

Here's the Pics!!!

How 'bout some 6s Bashing/Speed run Video's? Running x2 3s Turnigy Nano-Tech 45-90c 5000mah lipo's. Geared 19/68.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neTgpSBekwc&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP68AiJ4U8g&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR8FeIwvRhw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=641Vs-sm74E[/youtube]