Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

EVX problem in E-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
stessman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVX problem in E-maxx

Hey guys im sre someone has an answer for me here, I ran my e-maxx yesterday and it ran great on a new pair of 7-cell onyx 5000mah batts. I then recharged them and went to run it again today plugged them in the esc turned on by itslef the green led lit then 1 flash red 2 flash red 3 flash red and repeats over and over, tried pushing the button on esc but nothing happens and response from the radio. The truck has only been ran about ten times total basically brand new please help

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 AM
Mclovin350z

Default RE: EVX problem in E-maxx

Try charging the batteries again. You said the esc came on by itself? Did you actually turn it on after that?
Old 04-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Lil pepi

Stessman,
Grab your owners manual, plug in a fresh battery and go to the user profiles an set it up for whatever one you want to run. There are three to choose from your ESC took the liberty to try and change the user profile on it's own. I've had these simmilar problems with the same ESC. I believe the on off button gets stuck in the on position and that programs the ESC for everything.
Good luck.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 AM
stessman

It does seem like the button is stuck on the EVX because it doesnt seem to feel the same when i push any suggestions on how to "unstuck it"
Old 04-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Lil pepi

I have two EVX speed controls, one on my E Maxx, and one on a slash, the EMaxx one never had problems. The one on my slash on the other hand sticks. Gives me lots of trouble. Doesn't let the slash have reverse. I am gonna call Traxxas and send it in for a new one, it's still under factory warranty. I really don't have any suggestions. I'd say it's sticking down because of a water proof gasket. The gasket is tight on the button not allowing water to get inside the ESC and not letting the button come up for smooth operation. I think it's hit and miss on if you get a properly working ESC or not..... Engineering.....
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
stessman

I figured it ot it was the button stuck, messed around with a little and freed it up
Old 04-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Lil pepi

Hey, glad to hear you got it working, also if it gets stuck again, there is a electrical lubricating spray can called 2-26. It's non conductive. That I bet would work. Don't use WD-40, that is conductive. Incase it somehow works into your ESC. If u try 2-26, use very little. It goes a long way