Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 2.5r and Tmaxx 2.5r conversions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 06:39 AM
stevefed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 2.5r and Tmaxx 2.5r conversions

so we recently moved (from rural country) into city limits - neighbors don't seem to like the nitros up and down the street - other kids have electrics. We have an older tmaxx 2.5r and an older Revo 2.5r I would either sell/trade/ whatever and go brushless. I have seen cheap rollers and chassis on ebay, but wondering what will fit from my nitro platform on the electric chassis. obvisouly I need new tranny/motor mount - do the front and rear ends bolt on? I was hoping to just replace the tub/plate chassis, use my F and R arms/suspension get some electrics and go. otherwise if more involved - on the block they go!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 AM
masterhacker1989

Default RE: Revo 2.5r and Tmaxx 2.5r conversions

Do what I do when people complain about my nitro vehicles, and tell them to fornicate them selves, I really don't care what people say about me using them. My neighbor complains about them, yet he has a big ol pickup truck with no exhaust that wakes me up when he starts it up every morning. They don't complain about weed whackers do they? they aren't much louder than a weed whacker, so id tell em to shut up
Old 05-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Snook Man

Some people just respect their neighbors like the OP stevefed apparently does.

Steve, a lot of the parts F/R suspension wise are interchangeable between the nitro and electric models, some others are not. Usually it is more cost effective to just sell what you have and start new.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:26 AM
stevefed

thanks - I agree with the weedeater thing - but they are usually on for 15 min and around the house (and some still use electric!! I know, I know.) - not up and down the street in others yards, etc. I too have neighbors with flowmaster type exhaust and one even has a modded dune buggy - talk about loud. But, I would rather leave the noise battle for my YZ's and atvs... the kids run the toy trucks for hours sometimes - another unmentioned thorn in my side is no local hobby shop - it closed. so, no local glow plugs, fuel, etc.
I am thinking the electric (although its own set of problems) would be less hassle. Charge n go. I do have a B44.1 and a couple old school tamiya buggies from my youth - a mack daddy hyperion charger and couple lipos/esc/motors/etc. laying around. We had just got on a Nitro kick with the land we had - the two mentioned trucks are whats left of a nice stable. Oh - and my youngest son want reverse - another plus for electric. never could get the mech. rev. to operate correctly in any nitro - user error im sure, so now fwd only single speed beasts...
I will most likely hang on to them and look into something else - resale doesnt seem to be enough to make it worth while. thanks again.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:46 AM
guys2nv

I can respect you wanting to respect your neighbors especially since you just moved in. I would check local noise ordinance laws but my guess anything between 10am to maybe 7-8pm your neighbors really can't do anything about the noise. You can buy a nitro to electric conversion for revos from tekno rc and I think omnimodels maybe. You could also prob. buy the electric chassis for both models and swap the front and rears on to them.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:45 PM
stevefed

thanks again - looking at parts views - F and R look the same... I may go that route for one of them...chassis and tranny and build it up from there.

its not that neighbors would actually do anything other than make dumb comments - we get along with all of them just fine - more of a prevention thing - now that summer is coming, lighted RC in the street at night is pretty cool - and no reason to use the nitros if I electric is an option. Believe me - I am a oil and gas guy - still ride a 2 stoke YZ and cant imagine a 4 stroke, althought the simpler maintenence is enticing. Just like these things, brushless RC has its plusses - but I would rather bomb a bmx track with my nitros! Just different vehicles for different uses - thats why this hobby is a blast.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 AM
masterhacker1989

You guys don't know my neighbors, i live in the country on 8 acres of land, and they moved in from the city, and they are all jerks, when I weed whack, its a hour+ job, and they dont say anything about that. but Ill get my Tnaxx out, and they will start *****ing. The way I see it they can all move back where they came from.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
MPevine11

people complain.....buy a outlaw pipe
Old 05-26-2011, 04:53 AM
masterhacker1989

When they complain enough I fire up my camaro, or pickup at like 4 in the morning, and do brake stands in front of their houses. Funny thing happened with my neighbor the other day though, he was drunker than hell, and he decided to mow his lawn, and he has a huge zero turn lawn mower, he drove it off the curb, got stuck, left the blades on, and messed up a whole lot of crap, at first i heard the blades hitting the curb, then I heard something that sounded like he killed some gears for the blade drive motors,i sat there laughing at him, because hes a worthless drunk. actuly now that i think about it, my other neighbor fired up his 4 wheeler the other day, while he was drunk, and crashed, they had to call flight for life. My neighbors are pieces of worthless crap
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Exceptions1187

My neighbors dont mind it all actually they say it keeps their kids out of trouble cuz im always running it and they always watch it lol i run that thing at night too that is the best of times too cuz then the neighbors that you dont get along with get pissed off at you lol....
Old 05-26-2011, 04:11 PM
pure speed:]

my nabors never say ne thing an i can hear the rock hitting there garage door and one time i got stuck and pin the throttle while my rich ass yuppie nabor drove by wit his beemer and a rock just happed to shoot just rite and hitem LOL my bad. I did fell bad tho it hit hard os18cvr in a pead wot lol never said a thing and he still waves.