Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 05:28 AM
sunnyjoanson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for help

I just got a traxxass t maxx 3.3 it has the o.s. 18 motor on it... Its my first one and never used one before but i put new fuel lines on had to get a new pull cord and one way bearing because the cord would pull out and a new glow plug... I got it started last night but as soon as it started took right off reving real high so i drove it around then tried getting it to idle down so i took the air filter off so i could see how big the gap was and tried getting it to the 1mm when closed and could not get it there it moved in a little bit but stays around 3mm im guessing and turned the high needle a little more rich.. i start it back it and shutsright back off then got it going again and still reving real high then it ran off on me so i held the brake and ran and grabed the fuel line off so i turned the idle more and still nothing now i get it going and the clutch spins but wont move the truck and stays reving out high and when i hit the trigger it kills the engine... like i said im new to this i have a book and the owners manual.. alsowondering if anybody was around albany ny and would maybe want to help get it going... or if anyone has ideas.. it has fail safe on it also rpm a arms roll cage skid plates forward only conversion and fantom racing pipe so any help would be great thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 05:32 AM
sunnyjoanson

Default RE: looking for help

also after i put the motor back in i rolled it there was no binding gears looked fine but i looked at the gear on the transmission i think it is and theres a chiped tooth on the gear
Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM
sunnyjoanson

Default RE: looking for help

well i found some tuning tips on the forums got it so it can start still revs real high but cant get it to move and when i roll it backwards to spin the plastic spurr gear off the trans its binding i put the motor back in the same spot from when i took it off and i also took the clutch apart and cleaned it up seemed fine i also took that gear off the transmission and the 3 things on the back fell off and seemed pretty beat up any input would be great thanks