Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 AM
Scydon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

Lol summit is beast lol we promise it won't hurt haha hope u have fun with them
Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Wow! Its like night and day between nimh and lipo! Had fun for about and hour then my motor overheated bc its sooo fn hot out! I think i fried it. It only goes forward now. Might take it out tomorrow and finish it off. Lol  ive been wanting the dewalt drill motor for awhile now anyway.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM
stuball56

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

There is no way i'm putting dirty danglers on my trucks. I don;t like to stare at balls, but to each their own I guess lol
Ha, me too. The last thing I want to look at is a set of balls. How about some labia hanging off the back? Oh, that would be politicaly incorrect, maybe a set of **** on the front end?
Hey, I'm just kidding, to each thier own. I guess it says your truck is a full blooded MALE, but I don't like 'em.
OMG, see? The commonly accepted slang for breasts is edited out, but not balls, how about nuts? or cahones? lol
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

A ball is something you bounce and nut is commonly used in conjunction with a bolt.

Hey Beast post up some pics of your Dewalt conversion. Are you going to get one from kershaw or are you going to cut off the pinion and do the soldering yourself? Glad you're enjoying your lipos, did you kill the stock motor completely yet?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

a nut**
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Im want the kershaw designs 1. No not yet im about to charge a set of batts then go kill it off.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Some pics from yesterday.

Ill try and get a vid of the titan burning up today! Lol maybe there will be a cloud of smoke!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:20 AM
pyromatic177

Sweet dude
Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

The titan did finish itself off today...didnt get a vid but there was alittle smoke. Cut it off b4 it could burn anything. It was smoking hot!!!! 
I have this drill motor that bolts right up to the motor mount so im going to use it for awhile.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

It has 15 teeth on the gear as the titan had 14. Will this make a big diff?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Jdog0616

Old 05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
B_Krukow

OK I get to join the Summit crew now. I am gona go pick it up tomarow. I was gona go get it tonight but I have to drive 60 miles to the hobby store to get it and it is storming bad rite now between here and there. For the time being it will be stock but I see Lipos in the future. How long will it run 100% stock with the 2 3200MAH batteries? What is the top speed? I just hope I get to paly with it once in a while. I have a feeling my 4 year old son will get more wheel time than me. He is realy good with his Dominuse SC10. What Lipos are good for a stock truck? I am going to be more concerned with more run time than more power. More power/speed is great but not my main goal with going to LIPOs.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Welcome to the club. It runs around 30-45 min with the stock nimhs. Its top speed is 20mph. I just got lipos if u look back a page or two it shows the website. They were $50 a piece...only got to run them once bc my titan 775 burnt out yesterday. But from the hour i got to drive with the lipos was wonderful. 10x better than the nimh stock batts. Good luck sleeping tonight. I slept about an hour or two xmas eve!!! Lmao
Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Nice pics btw jdog. I ran across this vid on utube. Its the motor im putting in til i get a new 1. Thanks to jdog i had it layin around! Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yh2V0-1Jts&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: B_Krukow

OK I get to join the Summit crew now. I am gona go pick it up tomarow. I was gona go get it tonight but I have to drive 60 miles to the hobby store to get it and it is storming bad rite now between here and there. For the time being it will be stock but I see Lipos in the future. How long will it run 100% stock with the 2 3200MAH batteries? What is the top speed? I just hope I get to paly with it once in a while. I have a feeling my 4 year old son will get more wheel time than me. He is realy good with his Dominuse SC10. What Lipos are good for a stock truck? I am going to be more concerned with more run time than more power. More power/speed is great but not my main goal with going to LIPOs.
Welcome to the club. Flip through these forums. There are a couple of Summit threads that have lots of information on the truck.

The Summit forum over at Traxxas.com also has a lot of helpful information. The E-Revo &Summit Forum over at URCis also pretty good.

One thing you will need to verify about your Summit when you buy it: is it one of the new Summits that has the LVD enabled ESC? In other words, is it a new Summit with Low Voltage Detection? If it is, great, all you need to buy are LiPos and a charger. If it is one of the older Summits, it will not have LVD built in. That's not a problem, all you need to do is buy 3-4 of these cheap Low Voltage Alarms from ebay. The easy way to know is the box should have something on the outside that says "Now with Low Voltage Detection" or something like that. If it doesn't, then it's probably an older model.

As far as LiPos go, I would strongly recommend these 8200 mAh batteries from SPCracing. I get 2+ hours of run time in my Summit in low gear. These are fantastic batteries, and most of the regulars on the Summit forum at Traxxas swear by them.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 PM
B_Krukow

Thanks. Got it home tonight and ran the first set of batteries threw it. I was a little disapointed .The 2 stock batteries only lasted 10 ish minutes. My boy was running it in low range and when I finaly convinsed him to let me play a little they where dang near dead. When I stabbed the throtle in high the lights would shut off and take a bit to come back on. I asume this is normal when the batteries are dying. I have a few isues to figure out but nothing a little fideling cant fix. The stearing trim is off or the alignment is off cause it realy likes to drift off to one side while driving in a straight line. You have to actualy stear to the oposite side to drive straight. the knob on the side of the controler that says stearing trim dosent seem to do anything.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Hmmm ive never had any probs with my steering. I cant believe the batts lasted 10 min. My first few runs mine lasted around 45 min. After i ran them 10-15 times they last about 30.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 AM
LaTuFu

It sounds like you bought one used?

Not at all unusual for the stock NiMh batteries to have short run times if they are old. If the batteries have been used enough they will have a very diminished capacity.

You should be able to adjust your steering as well. If the steering trim isn't working at all, then return it to center on the remote. Then turn on your truck with the wheels off the ground. (Coffee can, shoe box, etc) the servos will center, and you can adjust the toe links/turnbuckles to get the tires lined up properly. I've found that mine tends to track a little better if the front tires have a slight toe out, and the rear tires have a slight toe in.

Invest in some LiPos and a Low Voltage Alarm, rather than buying more NiMh batteries. You'll be very happy with the increase in run time.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

So this B&D drill motor i have doesnt have the capacitors...i think thats what those little brownish looking balls hooked up to the titan at the end of the wires that go to the motor are called. Anyways what would happen if i wire it up without those bc i threw them in the trash! Lol
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM
LaTuFu

If the motor had capacitors and you tossed them, you may find that there is a lot of glitching.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

The drill motor i have didnt come with them but i threw the 1s from the titan away. Didnt know if i needed to add them to this drill motor i have. But it wont go up in flames without them right?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:53 PM
B_Krukow

The truck is brand new. It has teh LVD built in so I can just get some good LIPOs and go. I figured out the drifting isue. For some reason last nite when I ran it the stearing trim did nothing but today it straightened it out. The batteries are still only lasting 15 ish minutes though. I am begining to wonder if I am not getting them fully charged. It only takes abought 35 minutes to charge them to what the charger says is full at a 3 amp charge rate.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah they arent charging all the way for whatever reason. When I charge mine at 3 amps it takes that batt over an hour to fully charge.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:39 AM
LaTuFu

15-20 minutes is about all you're going to get out of the stock 3000 mAh NiMhs.  And that is pretty dependent on what you are doing, too.

A good pair of 6000-8200 mAh LiPos will solve that problem for you.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
B_Krukow

Well last nite they charged for rite at an hour each and then it ran a lot longer than the first two times. The charger said it put rite around 2700Mah into each one so aperently something was a little off the first two charges. Now I just need to convinse teh wife to let me spend a little more and get the good batteries. She is already in disbalife of what i paid for this toy. I may end up owing her a date or twobefore this is all said and done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.