Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

some pics

Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Love that paint kenny!!! Wish i had 1 just like it....wait i do lol. I want those tires!!!! I like how wide they are.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:36 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Big Joes look good but they are really heavy and the rims they are on don't have an offset like the summit rims so they sit pretty close to the body. I probably wouldn't buy them again... Every time I have used them on my E-Revo I have broken something, cartwheels with the Big Joes don't end to well. They sure look good though. [&:]
Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 AM
pyromatic177

See kennu i think that the big joes and perfect for the Summit because of there wide stance and good traction. Plus I don't think your going to break anything on the summit with those
Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Yeah you're probably right, the summit doesn't really cartwheel. I would like them on a rim with some offset though and some better servos wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 AM
pyromatic177

iwould get 2 of those hitecs for your summit
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

i would get 2 of those hitecs for your summit
I caved in and bought them earlier today so we will see in a little over a week. Don't tell my better half... she doesn't understand.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Ok so ive done about 10 runs on my summit and the manual says to clean and lube the titan 775 every 10-15 runs. It doesnt say exactly what to use tho. IYO what is the best cleaner and lube or oil for this motor?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 PM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

For cleaning, you can get a can of CRC Lectra Motive from AutoZone for $6.  Spray the motor inside and out until the spray is running clean out of the motor.

For lubricating, 3 in 1 oil on the motor shaft at the bearing is all you need.  Don't oil the brushes.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
LaTuFu

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Just keep in mind that with more weight comes more problems when you slap on some big ole wheels and tires like that. If I am running a basher, I usually like a lighter weight solution. I put this pic in my thread, but I am running wheels/tires from a Savage Flux. They are a little shorter and more narrow than the stockers. They are also lighter.
I agree with you in general priciple about the lighter is better.

In this case, the Summit is definitely the exception (as it so often is) for a couple of reasons. The Trencher X's are the same size and almost the same weight (slightly heavier, but not that much) as the stock canyons. If you're planning on using this truck the way it was intended, you want more mass in the wheels to keep it firmly planted.

Plus the Summit shafts are a good deal beefier than the stock Revo shafts, so they will handle the extra weight better.

But, given that you are converting yours more into a Revo basher, I would say your wheel/tire setup is a reasonable setup.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Thanks im going to clean it tomorrow. Im kinda scared to take the motor out for the first time..lol..i hope its easy and goes back in right!!! 

Old 01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

It barely fits in my little 2 door integra!!! 

Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Whats the best way to get water out of the tires. Just took my tires off and realized they weigh like a pound a piece!!!! That explains why it was turning slower last time out. I squeezed them over the sink and alot came out but theres still more in there!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:51 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

You can put a small hole in the tire and the water will shoot out while your driving or just keep squeezing them. I got a lot of water in my tires last time out and I have been letting the tire sit upright for a few hours with one of the holes in the rim at the bottom so all the water drains down and then giving it a good squeeze.
Taking the motor off is easy enough, when your putting it back on make sure you set the gear mesh between the spur and pinion gears correctly. check out page 25 of your manual for adjusting the gear mesh.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Here is a pic of the hole that comes with the Big Joes, just so you get the idea.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:09 AM
LaTuFu

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Thanks im going to clean it tomorrow. Im kinda scared to take the motor out for the first time..lol..i hope its easy and goes back in right!!!
Yep, do all the stuff Kenny suggested.

The motor comes out very easily. Remove the top screw that sets the gear mesh, the slowly back the motor off of the bottom hinge mount. Nothing to it.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:27 AM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

..lol..i hope its easy and goes back in right!!!
LOL that's what she said

but did you get a new body for your summit already? i thought you had a solid red lid

Old 01-30-2012, 10:26 AM
CustomSummit

I will be brushless next week and I'll let you know.
What brushless sytem did you end up going with?Are you running the aluminum diff carriers as well, or trying stock first?I am curious to see how aluminum diff cups holds up to brushless.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:32 AM
LaTuFu

ORIGINAL: CustomSummit

What brushless sytem did you end up going with?Are you running the aluminum diff carriers as well, or trying stock first?I am curious to see how aluminum diff cups holds up to brushless.
You might want to search on the Summit forum on Traxxas.com. There is a member there who has a company in Germany manufacturing custom aluminum diff cups. According to him and a couple of the guys that have purchased a set from him, they have not blown a diff since they put them in. They've been pretty pleased with the improvement so far. They're pretty pricey, though.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
CustomSummit

Thanks for the tip, Iam a member over there, I was one of the ones to order 10 of them, 6 to keep and 4 to sell off,I figured a few more people would appreciate the discount buying 10 brings on only 2, since they are pretty unaffordable otherwise. I have not yet had a chance to install my own, so am always curious to see other opinions while Iwait, seems like not to many people are running them as of yet.

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

You might want to search on the Summit forum on Traxxas.com. There is a member there who has a company in Germany manufacturing custom aluminum diff cups. According to him and a couple of the guys that have purchased a set from him, they have not blown a diff since they put them in. They've been pretty pleased with the improvement so far. They're pretty pricey, though.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 AM
LaTuFu

I flirted with buying a pair, but I'm holding off until later in the spring.  I'd rather get a new truck first, the mod one of the existing ones...
Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 AM
pyromatic177

I will be brushless next week and I'll let you know.
It most likely will be the Hobbywing Xerun system. it seems to be a good sensored system

Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Took the summit to flatrock in Columbus GA today. Its like summit heaven!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:48 PM
pyromatic177

Wow man that place is awesome. You did indeed find summit heaven
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

That place looks like a lot of fun. You could take a whole fleet of summits there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.