Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Summit

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:31 AM
nave88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Summit

Damn that sucks man I have been running mine quite a bit and hard too I haven't had any issues yet my truck is only but a few months old tho too. I packed my diffs with sil glide from napa as strange as the sounds the viscosity of the sil glide seems a little more then stock. Maybe this is helping me idk. But still do let me know how the shims work out for you. 

Hows the super cub?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Great took it up last week with 5 mph wind and had a blast. Landing like ive been doing it for years! Lol im ready to get something faster and more agile. The wife isnt tho...
Old 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Look at this on eBay:

Integy Aluminum 17mm Hex Wheel Hub +6mm Offset T-Maxx Summit Revo C23101SILVER

http://bit.ly/XBUC2M

Has any1 tried these. Im thinking of getting them and was wondering if any1 had any feedback?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Ok well I saw in a forum where the integy hex hubs are crap so has any1 used any other hex hubs besides the $100 german ones that are better than stock?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:19 PM
nave88

Glad to hear your doing so well with that cub beast that's awesome. 

I bought a pair of the proline hubs I think is who made them so I could run those moabs I got and I think that the tires and wheels are too heavy for the summit I will have to tweak some stuff to make them work ill see if i can find the hex hubs I got and post a link for you. 
Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Great took it up last week with 5 mph wind and had a blast. Landing like ive been doing it for years! Lol im ready to get something faster and more agile. The wife isnt tho...
I thought about getting the Cub but figured I'd go Quadrotor instead. I picked up the DJI Phantom and have been having a freaking blast with it. Give me a week or two and i'll have a sweet Summit video made. (Taking aerial video while my buddy drives the Summit, I have been able to get some really good panning shots flying alongside the Summit as runs full throttle through the fields etc.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah my buddy has a heli and we were thinking of making a vid with it following the summit but havent got around to it. Cant wait to see ures!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
nave88

I was dropping my girlfriends kid off with gramma last night and I seen some lights going up and down the street ahead and I thought to my self I'll be damned that's a summit (haven't seen anyone else driving one here yet). Any ways it looked like it was going way too fast to be a summit so I had to stop and ask the guy what it was cause he didn't have any rear lights I was thinking maybe he put some headlights on an erevo, but as it was pulli g away from me I heard the unmistakable sound of a diff detonate itself lol. This this was sooo nasty I wish I had been able to and chit chat longer to find out exactly how and what was going on in there. He was running a single servo (hitec waterproof 330 oz) he said he was using 2s lipo. To top it off he had the mamba monster stuffed right on top [X(] the guy told me he had clocked his truck up at the lake at 48 mph!!! That is pretty F'n awesome. I don't think I could do that to my truck as I like my diffs and hate having to break the truck down just to get to them lol. Sorry for rambling here I was just stoked to finally see someone else running this badass machine locally, felt I needed to share with you guys. I can't get that truck out the ol' head lol
Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Ive got a story 2...

Took my losi crawler and super cub out yesterday. The wind was up abot so I took the losi out first. Got to be around 6:40 and the sun started going down so I put the losi up and drove down the road a mile to where I fly. Got my controller out and hung around my neck, put the plane up on the hood with batt door open, went and grabbed my toolbox, opened it up and no lipos SOB Lmao
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
nave88

Ouch that's like the time I went out hunting opening weekend got to camp and realized I left my clips in the safe at home lol.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 PM
nave88

Can't wait to see this video man post it up as soon as its done
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Got my diff rebuilt today and shimmed, fells nice and smoothhopefully 2 shims do the job. Ill do the rear next time I have to take it out. Im going to try and get it back together tonight and take it out tomorrow, its been about a month since Ive taken it out
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

nice to see this tread alive and kicking :-) , been a few months with me not using the summit. I smoked the motor last time I used it on 5s( was waiting for it to happend) and also one of the lock servo's broke to , so it got shelfed for a while.

Anyway to boil it down, and this has for sure been talked about , I need a few micro servo's. I took a spinn last night , and the high / low speed shifter was a gonner too. so rear diff locker and highlow need to be replaced. any options to the traxxas once's ? Donæt need to be water proof ore anything fancy. I don't 'have' to drive it under water :-)

thanks a bunch

latest video with 5s for those who missed it :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uwu...5FFovQ&index=4
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah, pretty much just me and nave for the past few pages. I havent seen pyro in here in months. I havent looked for servos that arent waterproof so I couldnt tell you. I use servo database look up the dimm. for the stock 1 then compare. Ill look around later if I get a spare min or 2.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

hehe, that's how it is sometimes. I'm heavy into 1/16 rc tanks so much time goes to them to :-) And while it's fun on snow, the stock tires is better on dirt and rocks etc.So I got tired of running around the backyard.

thanks for the help, I'll get some off ebay, I can get 2 with shipping for the price of one here in norway ( they are wopping 45+ $ each here) and about 15-17+ shipping on bay
Old 04-05-2013, 06:50 AM
nave88

I was wondering why this thread slowed down so quickly. Haven't been running the summit too much lately I made a high banker so I've been down at the river... A lot lol. Last time I ran the summit we were pulling the neighborhood kids around on wagons n such and the I pushed my Toyota pickup!!!!! That dewalt motor is F'n nasty on 2s. I need to find a heat sink for it the I have it geared low with a 14t pinion and the motor still get hot maybe hot to me is really that hot, wish I had a way to compare what hot truely is. I need to get a temp gun. Still haven't flown the big t-28 but have been flying the hell out of the micro can't wait to have some more free time without rain to get the big one in the air ill let ya know what happens.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Howdy
Old 04-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

I use this heatsink/fan on my dewalt and love it. Just str8 wired it into the rear light hook up, super easy.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21196__Motor_Heat_Sink_w_Fan_Red_Aluminum_45mm_. html?strSearch=Heat%20sink

Took mine out a few days ago and the motor is twitchy. When I gun it it takes a few sec to catch up. Only when its pulling the truck tho, when I took it off it was smooth as can be. Cant say Ive had this prob before. Any ideas?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Found this new bright hummer by the road some1 was throwing away. I think it will work with some trimming and taller body posts. Where can I get some that would fit the summit but raise it about an inch maybe 2?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 AM
nave88

I think the stock mounts are adjustable man I'm not sure how they work but I believe you can raise and lower them. I like that body and for free it's like a sore Peter.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah I raised them up as far as they would go and it needs about another half inch to work. Ill have to rig it some way. Yeah it looks scale as fuc. Cant wait to get it on!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
nave88

Those tires make that body look mean as hell... I want some
Old 04-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah I cant wait to get it trimmed up and on!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Summit is Beast!!!

Got my bullet connectors soldered on last night along with the caps. Soldering is so much fun!!! Ill be taking it out tomorrow so hopefully that fixed the motor gitters.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:08 PM
nave88

Wanna do mine lol I suck at soldering. When you gonna make the stock mount fit on there with the dewalt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.