Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2 speed clutch spring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
mike96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 speed clutch spring?

I just picked up a Revo for a decent price and started the tear down/inspect/rebuild process. The guy I bought it from had had it converted it to an electric but I have no intention of keeping it electric. The plan is to for now put the engine from my RC10gt in it(O.S. 18CR-V) until I decide I need something with a little more oomph.TheProblem I ran into is that some of the parts had been pulled out of the transmission and the 2 speed clutch had been locked down with a couple of screws so that it was a single speed. Amongthe parts removed was the spring for the 2 speed clutch. Ireceivedenough parts with the truck to completea forward only transmission except for that spring and a couple of shims. Has anyone lost that spring and found a suitable replacement for it orknow where I can purchase just the spring?

Thanks
Mike

Old 02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Snook Man

Default RE: 2 speed clutch spring?

I have yet to find a good replacement for the spring and it is pretty hard to match up.

The spring rate is critical to the shift point adjustment. There is also a small BB that goes between the spring and the clutch pawl. It would probably be best to just purchase a new clutch. If you do find a replacement that works well, let us know.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
mike96

Default RE: 2 speed clutch spring?

Thanks for the quick reply. Sucks that there isnt a readealy avalible replacement but heyI am all about trying something new.I can definatly keep you posted ifI find a good replacement.