Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

platinum tranny work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
outlawbrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default platinum tranny work?

blew out the tranny in my 2.5 framed revo today, will the platinum edition tranny work in it? i know the 3.3 tranny will work no problem, just cant tell from pics if the platinum tranny is the same as regular tranny. i know the platinum tranny is forward only. dont know if it has the same case or not. asking cuz i have access to a platinum tranny. thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Default RE: platinum tranny work?

Pretty sure it's in the same case just with a forward only kit installed.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:35 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure is, they are both the same housing, only thing is yep it's forward only but it has a centre diff with rear brakes.

From memory, don't quote me but I don't thing there is enough room for the rear brakes, I think there are some guides out there on grinding the chassis slightly to make it fit. Allso u can get the revo Platnium throttle servo and reciver boxes for a bit more weight saving

ATM Ive got 2 gearboxes in my Platnium, stock Platnium one, and one with reverse. To be honest I use the one with reverse more...
Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 AM
phmaximus

As u can see on mine, I've essentially down graded mine with the 3.3 gearbox, throttle and reverse box, and reciver box

Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 AM
phmaximus

Check these guys out, they have a good name and make a few toddies for the revo
http://www.robinsonracing.com/traxxas.html
Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the platinum also comes with the close-ratio gears.....
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM
phmaximus

All the parts u can buy sepperat, they have forward only kits, reverse kits, locked centre diff kits, close ratio gear sets, wide ratio gear sets, etc
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Sure is, they are both the same housing, only thing is yep it's forward only but it has a centre diff with rear brakes.

From memory, don't quote me but I don't thing there is enough room for the rear brakes, I think there are some guides out there on grinding the chassis slightly to make it fit. Allso u can get the revo Platnium throttle servo and reciver boxes for a bit more weight saving

ATM Ive got 2 gearboxes in my Platnium, stock Platnium one, and one with reverse. To be honest I use the one with reverse more...
That's right. It won't fit the chassis without mods. The low med and hi gearset for the trans can be bought online and installed but the stock platinum is short gearing. Also the diff and brakes are extra on the back of the trans. I actually bought a revo platinum off the classifieds here on the forum. I wanted to get all the race parts for my 2.5R and just got a killer deal on the platinum. I have three now... originial classic 2.5R (.26 red dot now, kit also bought on here) platinum (factroy), and slash (needs at least new motor, given to by friend, run hard, sway bars and 17mm hub conversion.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM
outlawbrett

thanks for the replys. ended up ordering a slayer tranny an a FOC kit for the gears. was a touch cheaper that way then buying a new revo tranny and FOC kit. platinum tranny was toast that i got