Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas engine life?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Bnecaise74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas engine life?

How long do these motors last (2.5r) under normal conditions with maybe a little bashing thrown in the mix. How many gallons of fuel would you guys say.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas engine life?

lol...... between 1 and 10gals.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
outlawbrett

all depends on well u take care of them. air filter maintanance, good temps, good tune, kept clean list can go on. i had a 2.5 in a old tmaxx that lasted barely 2 gallons. put a 3.3 in it and it lasted 8 gallons. what im saying is that i was not taking care of the 2.5 like i shud have and it went boom.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:02 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I just started gallon number 5 on my 3.3 and it runs as good as ever. I keep the filter clean, well, I keep the whole car clean. No lean runs and it should last a while.

Buzz.

Edited for spelling.

My Kingdom for a self correcting keyboard.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15 gallons of fuel on my 2.5R. I use Omega 10% airplane fuel.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:07 PM
JoeMaxx

I do not know the answer to that question My Traxxas engines are about 8 years old and still running strong. I have some engines that are older that I do not run much anymore. Irun about1 gallon of fuel a year in each of them.

Iam sort of anal when I clean them up at the end of the day. After Run Oil, have extra air filters so I can pop a clean one with fresh oil on it, clean the other one later. Biggest thing I do is drop the piston to the bottom of the stroke so it does not sit in a compression state. R/C 2 stroke engines using something called a pinch type seal on the compression stroke and by moving the piston to the bottom of the stroke it helps to make the engine last a long time. If it sits in a compression stroke it will expand the top of the piston walls over time.

I do not know what you guy's R/C knowledge is yet since I am new to this forum so if I tell you something you already know then ignore it.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM
FrickenJoey

That is not being anal that is called normal nitro engine maintenance. IF you want it to last you really have to do that. I see a lot of Traxxas 3.3 that meet their end through split con rods. I have only owned a couple 3.3s that I swapped out with something else but you should be able to get 5-6 gallons out of one with real world driving/bashing.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 AM
FrickenJoey

That is not being anal that is called normal nitro engine maintenance. IF you want it to last you really have to do that. I see a lot of Traxxas 3.3 that meet their end through split con rods. I have only owned a couple 3.3s that I swapped out with something else but you should be able to get 5-6 gallons out of one with real world driving/bashing.