Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Newish to RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 PM
ihasaradio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newish to RC

I used to fly RC glow planes and got out of it just as the brushless electric planes were starting to come on the scene. I don't have much experience with electric RC, especially not brushless or lipo.

Yesterday, I got an E-Revo Brushless and a Kemora for use on grass. I broke the chassis and bulkhead on the E-Revo in less than 5 minutes . :-( The Kemora was a lot slower and easier to control.

I took the E-Revo to the hobby store today and left it for repair. On the way, I picked up a couple of launch ramps, and while I was at the store, I got a Rustler VLX. Then I took the Rustler home, charged it, and promptly broke the rear shock tower in less than 5 minutes. It came down hard off the launch ramp and that was all it took. :-( I noticed the shock towers seemed especially soft, and I find it hard to believe these parts are meant to be so fragile. I figured there must be some aluminum after market parts online, and I found them and ordered them.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the Kemora. It doesn't wheely or flip, though.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:34 AM
chaos2767

I am in the same boat you are, newish to rc's. I had a couple a few years ago and found out that this hobby gets expensive real quick and sold everything I had shortly after I had kids. Now my kids are at the age where they want rc trucks, so I got them a couple hpi mini's for Christmas and picked myself up a beater t maxx that I am currently working on. My previous trucks were a nitro rustler and a Jato 3.3, it cost me at least $10 every time I drove them in parts Lol. What I did find out tho was to stay away from most aluminum parts because when you hit something, instead of breaking, they bend and transfer the energy too a major part of the chassis and that part breaks. Would of been easier to replace the little part that broke instead of having a bent piece that you not only have to replace but also replace the expensive part that broke. Aluminum parts sure do look cool tho.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:29 PM
lilbrett

Get some RPM shock towers, arms and bumpers. I also recommend some better shocks, I'm running shocks from a Losi Ten-T on my Nitro Rusty and they're great. If you can't swing a new set of shocks, you should at least get the alloy caps being as the plastic ones pop off if you look at them funny. I also recommend the HD driveshafts from the 4x4 Slash, they are much stronger than the stock ones.