Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

3.3 Revo Noobie Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 02:43 PM
BleuChef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3.3 Revo Noobie Question

I bought 2 - 3.3 Revo's one 5 or 6 tanks from brand new, and one fairly used but in very good shape. Now for the question, I can't get either of them to pick up fuel? Did as Traxxas says, the short bursts finger over the exhaust outlet to pick up fuel, no success? Turned both needle's snug then backed them off 4 complete turns, still no pick up. No visual contaminates however I haven't taken them apart.

Anyone have some advice on how to get these guys running? I want to fire both motors before I teardown the newest one and add all the aluminum.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Lastly, Hi I am a noobie named Chef from Maryland..
Old 12-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can hold your finger over the exhaust for more than short bursts, the key is to stop once you see fuel go through the line and reach the carb. You likely have an air leak somewhere. First make sure the fuel tank lid is closing all the way and sealing to the tank. On the underside of the lid is a screw you can tighten a little to help the oring seal of it's not right now. Try taking the fuel line off at the carb and putting it into a container. Then crank the engine while putting your finger over the exhaust. If no fuel comes out then you have an air leak somewhere.

Exhaust comes out the engine into the exhaust system and pressurizes the fuel tank which pushes fuel to the carb. So the entire exhaust from the engine back is sealed, the fuel lines are pressurized as well as the tank, can't have air leaks. Lines can go bad, replace one at a time making sure to cut the new ones the same length as the old ones, it can make a difference. There are gaskets at the engine exhaust as well as between the exhaust header and the tuned pipe/muffler.

If fuel is getting to the carb then either the carb is clogged or the needles are closed. The manual has the stock needle settings in it. The carb is simple and easy to clean. Coat the orings on the needle with a little grease and be sure no to over tighten anything. A little grease or grey RTV silicone on the oring at the base of the carb will help seal it to the engine block.

It sounds stupid but check the glow plug and make sure it has the little copper crush washer on it and is tight. If it's not you won't get enough pressure to push fuel up to the carb either.