Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Alternative pull start for Picco .26 Maxx (Traxxas/TRX/ez-start back plate)

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Alternative pull start for Picco .26 Maxx (Traxxas/TRX/ez-start back plate)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 04:34 AM
Tom1357

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative pull start for Picco .26 Maxx (Traxxas/TRX/ez-start back plate)

Hi guys,

New to the forum and I'll post some pics of my rides up soon

I've fitted a Picco .26 maxx engine with the ez start / traxxas style back plate to my T Maxx and I need a new pull start.

I've not found the Traxxas pull starts with the one way bearings which have the bearings like this much good, they seem to work OK for a bit then the bearing twists in the pull start then the pull start won't recoil. I've popped a new one on and it's not lasted long again.

Now my dilemma is I had a pull start which took the regular ofna hexagonal bearing like this but had the same bolt pattern as the Traxxas one, which was ace and lasted much longer.

What pull start is it? I've tried ordering this Ofna P2/P3 one but it was the wrong size for my back plate despite looking very similar in the pic.

Does anyone know what pull start would fit the traxxas size bolt patter/size but take a hexagonal bearing?

I THINK it maybe this one, but is anyone able to confirm?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Tom1357; 12-21-2015 at 04:40 AM.