Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

E-maxx or....??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Wulff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-maxx or....??

I have been looking at the E-maxx but I also like the Wild dagger and Clod Buster from Tamiya.
Which would you choose if you were me, and why...??
Have been reading about the different cars for hours.

BR
Kenneth
Old 10-27-2003, 02:02 PM
studysession

Default RE: E-maxx or....??

I am not familiar with Wild Dagger or Clod Buster - But stay away from Traxxas stuff.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:33 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

clodbuster looks more durable and i think its more cheaper than emaxx ....
Old 10-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

I am not familiar with Wild Dagger or Clod Buster - But stay away from Traxxas stuff.
Hey, I thought we've reached the point where it's viewed that Traxxas IS respectable for lots of reasons & the only thing is that the T-Maxx isn't quite as strong as a Savage?!?

And when it comes to the E-Maxx, I don't think ANYONE has ANYTHING comparable, much less better and/or in it's price range!!!

2 BIG motors, 2 BIG batteries & a top-shelf ESC make this Maxx one with few or no peers, unlike the T-Maxx!!

And I don't think things will break easily and/or need immediate hopups because it's a lot slower than a nitro MT (as are all electric MTs), thus it won't get as abused.

Dean

PS,

ANOTHER gloriously trouble-free weekend of park bashing!!
Old 10-27-2003, 03:51 PM
bigjdubb

It really isnt all that slow. And you really cant compare the Clod, TXT-1 or Blackfoot with the E-Maxx. Your descision will come down to what you want to do with it. If you wanna go fast, race and jump stuff get the E-Maxx, if not, get the Clod or TXT-1.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:02 PM
studysession

I know the TMaxx out of the box does over 40Mph - How fast does the Emaxx out of the box go???? I would sya Emaxx would not break as much as the Tmaxx. But I will not buy another Traxxas product.

I bought 2 Bandits and they hold up very well. Bought them for my kids and with a 3000NIMH batteyr pack they will do over 26Mph out of the box. One of them I put my GT7 ESC and a 11t motor and a 26t pinion and ran out of road when it went 35 Mph. Next to a car while driver watching speed is how we measured this. But it would have went faster if we had more space. They were/are good stuff. So bought the 2 TMaxx's and they are fun - and if speed and wheelies is what you want, they are great and my wife and kids and myself have a blast with them. But the break parts so easily it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth of anything Traxxas anymore...

I would say the EMaxx is a better product, other than you may want to go with RPM A-Arms.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:46 PM
j-maxx

an e-maxx goes like 30 mph . like big. soad if u want speed and u want to jump it e-maxx . imo the clodbuster is more of a rockcrawler jsut like the txt-1
Old 10-28-2003, 12:56 AM
Wulff

Sounds like the E-maxx is not that bad a choise.
Does anyone know a good and cheap place to buy it online in either USA, England or mayby Germany, where they will ship to Denmark...?
It's too expensive to buy here.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:27 AM
studysession

I am in the UK - I buy most everything from towerhobbies.com
Old 10-30-2003, 12:54 AM
tonkapilot

E-Maxx will break every bit as much as the T-Maxx and I have a whole bucket of parts to prove it. Bulkheads, shocktowers, body mounts, bodies, a-arms, bumpers, x-braces, screws, and a special bucket just for the crappy plastic CVDs.

That being said, I love my E-Maxx. Its fast (fast enough for off-road), it flys and it crawls like mad (locked front and rear). I would never buy a new one again though. Buy one off of EBay that somebody has put all kinds of money into already. Look for RPM or aluminum bulkheads, shock towers and A-arms, MIP / XTM / Dynamite CVDs, optionally aluminum or RPM skids, bumpers, body mounts and chassis braces, stainless steel screw kits are a definite plus as even the best mechanic will strip or break the cheeze-whiz screws that come with the Maxx.

<ebay plug>
You will save boatloads of cash buying parts and supplies off ebay. Even reputable hobby shops around the world will cut you a better deal on ebay than if you walked into their store. Even after shipping, I saved $25 on a set of MIP CVDs. I've had good luck with RCBoyz, RCXshop, PHMHobbies, BatterySpace.com just to name a few.
</ebay plug>
Old 10-30-2003, 11:08 AM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

the maxx trucks are tough I send mine off of 20+ jumps all day doing like huge tumbles and they take it its the last one to break the same thing with the savage I end up with bent shock shafts .I would have to say if youre into huge air and hard landings the maxx is awesome
Old 10-30-2003, 12:12 PM
studysession

The TMaxx's belong to my wife, selling one on ebay and hopping up the other hoping it won't break as easy. OK - I was out tuning my TMaxx other day. On pavement just driving back and forth. Not enough room to even get 1/2 throttle. Hit brakes hard and it flips over from wheels onto hood and back onto wheels. Bend both front and back bumper mounts. Just a flip like that should not bend up the screws and pins that easy. That are always 1st thing to break. Recently another day brok body mount. Simple flip. I am afraid to bash hard with the Maxx because how easy it breaks...

Right now cleaning it and hopping up almost every part on it.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Satans_Phoenix

E-maxx are little puppies out the box which are fragile.....but you put some bare neccessities like MIP drives shafts CVD and alluminum bulheads , you make the truck a wild dog ..
I love the initial torque the e-maxx offers .It kicks any nitro's ***** with its loads of torque at intial pick up .The place where E-maxx is ahead of most of the trucks be it a nitro or electirc is you can really pick up speed very fast , it reaches its top speed very quickly so if you have a small area to ride it in the E-maxx would be good fun.

Rest you can always go BRUSHLESS..i swear the truck does 45mph , it can do wheelies at 20mph , but the setup (controller and motor)would cost you a fortune ( you might wana check out the hacker's equip.)

E-maxxx is way ahead in its class and I don't know of any electirc truck which even comes half as close ..probably somebody might wana post the name of its competetion !!
Old 10-30-2003, 09:07 PM
j-maxx

i do agree that the e-maxx is ahead of most trucks but then again u do have to recharge the batts while us mito guys r will just fill our tanks up and were all set
Old 10-31-2003, 01:47 AM
bigjdubb

fill up and all set. Thats how it works until you get out of tune, get an air leak, burn out a plug, die every time you cant get to the truck quick enough to flip it back over, won't idle right, clutch goes out........all of the sudden charging batteries isnt so bad. In the recent RCCA they included the E-Maxx in the $350 RTR round up, their tested speed was like 22 mph. The e-maxx is a cool truck to have, loads of torque and all of the cool hop ups like the t-maxx.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:09 PM
j-maxx

true but u can always get a new clutch or a glowplug at the lhs or at least mine and for me retunning it only takes seconds
Old 10-31-2003, 02:09 PM
bigjdubb

I didnt mean that you had to throw away the truck if the plug goes bad, just that you dont have as many things to worry about with the electrics. If you can afford to go brushless then you have the best of both worlds, speed, torque and easy to take care of.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:52 PM
j-maxx

i didnt mean that either and yes ur right u dont have as many things to worry about
Old 10-31-2003, 08:28 PM
wishtoHB

I have an EMAXX, never had any trouble with it! Everytime I get it out kids for 2 miles come running! and NO I don't jump it 10 feet in the air....
Old 10-31-2003, 09:04 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

the emaxx will be the best out of the box just as a general basher, but a clod would be a better off roader/rock crawler because of the bigger tires and lower gearing. Plus you can turn the clod into a most excelent rock crawler. The reason its cheaper is because its not RTR like the e maxx, and it comes with a terrible MSC and lame motors, the emaxx has a good esc and better motors.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:41 AM
tonkapilot

E-Maxx can be a good crawler with Ofna 1/8th or 40 series treads, MIPs and spools front and rear and 12 tooth or less pinions. I've also seen some nice E-Maxx 4-link setups.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Chase023

E-Maxx is an all around great basher out of the box...
I think the speed its rated at out of the box probably is more like 20-25mph at most.. It will change once you use more than 6+ cells.

E-Maxx a good crawler? I doubt it.. It can crawl but a good crawler? Nah.. I would think most MT crawlers would agree that a Clod/TXT-1/Juggs are better at it. Especially the modded ones.

These days you can just put on large tires and call anything a monster truck.
In my opinion, the E-Maxx, T-maxx and a whole lot of the newer so called MTs look more like a mix between a Truck and a Buggy (Truggy) than a real monster Truck. But I guess the definition of a Monster Truck is changing.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:43 PM
studysession

The TMaxx/EMaxx are definately NOT truggies.... You want a truggy look at the Monster Pirate and Dominator. Those are truggies. Mix between Buggy and Monster Trucks are good for high speed jumping. They are also most durable MT's I have ever seen. Being based off the 1/8 scale buggy design, I love them both. I have the Dominator. Still breaking it in.

A truggy does not have the clearence of any MT.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Wulff

Does anyone have experience with the HPI Savage 25...?
I think the price of the Savage 25 and the E-maxx is almost the same when you need to get batteies for the E-maxx.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:52 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

You'll love the emaxx, just give it a chance. It's the 1 traxxas product i actually liked. If you go MT class though, wait for the XTM Mammoth or the Tamiya TNX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.