Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TRAXXAS TMAXX 2.5 is a P.O.S.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 06:34 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRAXXAS TMAXX 2.5 is a P.O.S.

-SIMPLY STATED-

All im saying is that not ALL T-Maxx's are POS.

Im sick of all the people calling it one when most of them got their opinions from reading others,not from themselfs.

Some of them are
but noe ALL

-Dallas
Old 11-06-2003, 09:27 PM
flatlander_14

ORIGINAL: homelessduck101
Some of them are
but noe ALL
yeah, the ones that arent have a cool $1000+ into it[&:]
Old 11-06-2003, 09:35 PM
gHeTTo_SaVaGe

ive driven both and they both have their pros and cons.(i owned both of them for over a month, not just ask my friend if i can have a try)
Old 11-06-2003, 10:55 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

so when you buy a tmaxx you have a chance of getting a good one or a bad one?
that makes sense

studdysession you lucked out buddy, two bad ones
why dont you get your wife a diff truck with reverse and buy a engine with one of the various easy starting forms which im sure your wife can learn to use and is easy, then be done with the dung.
(im just poop stirring ive never owned a maxx but if its trash simply move on to better show you wife the light)
Old 11-06-2003, 11:02 PM
NitroNostrils

Something TRAXXAS dont want you to know:

Yesterday I was at my LHS just standin around cause I had to get some parts.Well they guys in there are really cool I just stand in there and we talk about everything.Well we started talking about glow plugs and the one of the guys said I you remember when the Traxxas Glow Plugs were on back order everywhere?I said yeah.Well he said it was because McCoy makes Traxxas plugs and at the time McCoy stopped producing Traxxas's plugs because they were fighting (we called it) which caused the back order.So if you thought you were buying Traxxas made plugs all along you weren't.The only thing nobody knew is who is making the Traxxas plugs now.Pretty crazy huh?
Old 11-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Stock out of the box, stuff will break whether you drive like an old fart or like a mad devil on acid. The truck is decent once it's hopped up with some aluminum and RPM parts such as the RPM thicker suspension arms and axle carriers, MIP CVDs, steel transmission gears, aluminum servo mounts, aluminum chassis braces, perhaps aluminum body posts, aluminum bulkheads and optionally aluminum shocks and you'll have one sturdy truck (and slightly heavier). Most people that I know that owns a T-Maxx has done the .21 conversion and tear axles alot and one guy I know shredded his whole transmission gear set with his Hyper 8P.

I had a T-Maxx, and also a clone Magic Wheel, both were horrible pieces of junk.

On a side note, I didn't mention aluminum suspension arms because I've had an experience with a T-Maxx hitting my leg at 45mph and if it were aluminum, I'd be in the hopsital but lucikly they were plastic and broke instead of my leg.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:09 AM
dodgy Guy who luvs rc

LOL
Old 11-07-2003, 08:30 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

if ur wife wants a great truck... lol get her the TNX it has electric start and tamiya stuff rarely breaks! (seriously ive owned 4-5 tamiya products and only break body posts) Plus, it has an OS .18 engine (we all know how reputable OS is) and does 40+ MPH PLUS IT HAS ITS HUGE SIZE!! I'll be buying a TNX chassis ASAP for my Terra Crusher. Get your wife a brand that knows what the word durability means
Old 11-07-2003, 11:28 AM
studysession

I already hopped up the truck. Figure once I am done with it - i could either sell it for what I have into it. And i can get what I have into it or keep it. Been talking to my wife about it. She wants to keep it. Once the new motor goes in and I put fuel into it, then I can not get what I have invested. But if I leave the motor just installed and untouched, I can get every penny back out of it.

She likes it so I will let it be.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:05 PM
petrolpixie

She likes it so I will let it be.
lol it will be worth it then you wont have to listen to her nagging if you sell it lol
only j/k
Old 11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
studysession

EXACTLY!!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:35 PM
bigjdubb

I doubt any kit manufacturer makes their own plugs. Almost all of any kit is manufactured by some other company. RC Car companies are like real car companies, they design cars and parts and source out the manufacturing. They get put together by traxxas but I doubt they have a huge manufacturing facility with foundries and plastic molding equipement.

studysession, make your wife learn how to drive man! Tell her she has to fix it the next time she breaks it, that way she will think twice about what she is doing. I think all of the MT's out there should be a little beefier. Week after week the only thing ever breaking at the track is MT's (no matter what brand) and GS Storms (that thing is the weakest buggy ever).
Old 11-07-2003, 02:42 PM
studysession

I just needed to vent. Now that it is beefed up it should not break to easy now. It is a very fun truck, just made with really week parts.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 11-07-2003, 03:22 PM
nitromouse

if you dont you like the truck just sell it. look at ofna dominator or the titan. it has almost the same ground clearance. i have owned a t maxx for a couple of years, i have had my fair share of complaints about the truck, but all in all i find it to be about the same as any other rc. they all have there good points and bad ones. as for it not starting, check the one way bearing to see if it is in the right way. remember it only engages in one direction. before i stuck a little power 18, i would consider a 21 upgrade from xtm. 129 for the engine 139 for the chasis including a tuned pipe and all cvd's f/r and two length shafts for old and new maxxs
Old 11-07-2003, 03:35 PM
studysession

Funny - Look at my signiture - I own a Dominator. Still breaking it in. Read the rest of the posts. You will see why i keep it.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:07 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Nope.. thats perfectly normal!

It happens all the time. The reason McCoy cant say "Hey guys I make that.. come buy it form me" is because they enter a legal contract.

I believe that the Tmaxx was never intended to be a mainstream product. It just blew out of proportion and with the 2.5, the company is just trying to milk the consumers dry. Isnt that what businesses are all about? MONEY???

It doesnt make sense for you guys to fight over this like you do. Your all NOT getting the same truck. From the first time you start it, all bets are off because everyone drives differently and everyone crashes differently

BUT.. IF an excessive number of trucks have problems, the product DEFECTIVE. Period. MTs are not 1/8 scale onroad cars. They are SUPPOSED to take punishment. Its not like they are refined high speed machines meant to be operated by experienced drivers!!

I dont own either, so I cant comment on build quality etc, but how is it that none of the high end cars are PLAGUED with problems that these companies face?
I agree that a part of it is user error, but design flaws can easily come out as user error!

Its all about the money. They DONT CARE ABOUT YOU OR ME. Leave your faith and loyalty at home and put your money where your brain is

So, dont ask "Which is better". Ask "Is this a good product? Will this suit my needs? Is there something out there that can serve me better?"

Ram
Old 11-07-2003, 04:19 PM
studysession

BUGGIES_R_US - Now tell us how you really feel![sm=bananahead.gif][sm=RAINFRO.gif][sm=idea.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

I originally just wanted to vent because engine need rebuilt. After hopping up other parts, now have to spend more money on this POS.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Kuma

Study, I'm curious- what parts are you upgrading? Similar to the list I made?
Old 11-08-2003, 03:26 AM
studysession

Studysession wrote:
As for hop-ups:

I already had black RPM A-Arms - so installed them.
Purple RPM skid plates, RPM purple shock towers and body mounts, purple RPM front bumper.
Aluminum bulk heads, braces, bumper mounts and rear bumper.
Now it looks like I need a new engine also.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:19 AM
studysession

You are not going to believe this. I got the POS engine running again. It does not sound good. Makes a high pitch noise. Was doing donuts on the asphalt. I went ahead and switch what fuel I run in it. Since I been here can not always get the low end fuels. So I retuned it to run 25% nitro race blend like I do my 1/8 scales. My wife is happy she can run it now.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:04 PM
studysession

[&:]Pics with the hop-ups of my wifes TMaxx 2.5
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74180.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	73249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97581.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	73250   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26640.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	73251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf96077.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	73252  
Old 11-08-2003, 01:15 PM
homelessduck101
Banned

yeah...Traxxas is really screwed up.the whole plug thing just makes me wonder what else isnt Traxxas's parts.

-Dallas
Old 11-08-2003, 11:28 PM
j-maxx

who cares they still have crappy weak plastic parts
Old 11-15-2003, 04:46 PM
homelessduck101
Banned

u obviously dont know CRAP! there are plenty of people on here who will back me up that T-Maxx's arnnt POS.they may need moer after market but if u have the money for them they are way better...

-Dallas
Old 11-15-2003, 04:53 PM
studysession

If I need to put a lot of money into it to make it durable and withstand the beating I want to put it through, then it is crap...

If it were not for my wife liking it I would not own one at all..... I just put a Fantom 18 in it and tomorrow will break it in.

What breaks easy -
A-Arms - bulk heads and bulk head braces - bumper mounts - skid plates - shock towers - front bumper - body mounts and some other parts frequently....

So I had to install:
RPM A-Arms, shock towers, body mounts, skid plates
Aluminum Bulk heads, braces, bumper mounts and rear bumper
Replaced engine as well.....

I have owned quite a few kits.... TMaxx has been the worse I have ever seen. They should make the parts hold up like other manufactures...