Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

How do you clean?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 01:15 AM
vge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you clean?

Hey folks, I have been racing for years. But there has been one thing I have never done due to messeyness. Thats take my T-Maxx 2.5 out to a nice park after a nice rain and play like a pig in the mud. Wow it looks like fun. But my delima is that I see what your t maxx looks like before and after. But what exactly do you do to wash it down to make it look nice and shinned up again? I had a friend of mine take a water hose to his t maxx before. I did not want to do that. So what do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:02 AM
Dr. Krass

Default RE: How do you clean?

Well if your gonna be spashing through mud puddles and such, you probably already have your radio components sealed up and protected against moisture... so a quick GENTLE rinse with the hose to get off the huge chunks of mud shouldn't hurt anything. Then I'd take it inside, and grab some brake parts cleaner and wd-40 for the engine parts, oil for bearings and other moving parts, and windex/glass cleaner for the body,chassis, wheels, and whatever else...depends on how carried away you want to get with the cleaning. That's my common cleaning method for my recent t-maxx excursions in the snow... No better way to enjoy your truck than some good ol' mud/snow thrashing GoOd luck and have fun!

bad ass camino body you got there [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-21-2004, 03:49 AM
rdmonster

Iceman , I generally clean with a good r/c car cleaner and compressed air. Ive run in serious snow and ice with no special protection( asking for trouble i know but no problems so far) and as soon as I'mdone a little cleaner and some major blasting at about 120 psi tend to get it prettyclean. My maxx has a sealed receiver box which helps with the water but I dont know if I would be brave enoughto spray it with a hose.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:21 AM
vge

Thanks guys for the good information.

That El Camino body has been the best air brush job I have done so far. Took me some time to do that one. It looks much better in person.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:08 PM
spazzyfry123

If only it really had a 454

I really like how you did your lightening strikes or whatever those electric looking things are.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:22 PM
ICrashThings

Cotton Swabs -aka- Cue tips!
Old 02-21-2004, 10:49 PM
nd2xlr8

I use cotton swabs too, alot. I also use sponges, rinsing them often. When clean if you use a good dose of armor all on the plastic parts it will come out looking good as new. It works for me anyways.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:35 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

I use a hose. All my electronics are sealed.

-Dallas
Old 02-22-2004, 01:57 AM
FoxRacing500r-delete
Banned

Fricken awsome El Camino,and a 454 yeh right,the new big boy is the GM 572 720hp lol.And I have a 454 in my Suburban 2500 1986 2wd.cool truck,How does the motor work?Do u hae to paint it?,And can u take it off?.1971 right?
Old 02-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Hummer Man

I use wd-40, simple green, toothbrush, Q-tips, soap and water. I disasemble most of the truck, electronics, engine, tranny, and gas tank, off the chassis, then I wash the suspenion/chassis with the simple green, then soap and water, then wd-40 then hit it with the air compressor. THe rest is washed the same way, but I wipe off the electronics instead... Works great!! This is how my truck looks most of the time,
Old 02-22-2004, 02:06 PM
alpinewill

I have all my electronics sealed but I'm stiil too scared to take the garden hose to my maxx, so I remove the electronics, and the engine, and the fuel tank. Then I take it into the shower (I do this when my wife IS NOT home), I have found that automotive simple green work awsome to get my truck looking like new again. I know... sounds like a ton of work but it really only takes me about 45 min and were ready to go racin' again. And this way the reciever and batt. boxe are very easy to clean up real nice, and all of you don't worry, I don't have a case of the white line fever.[&:]
Old 02-22-2004, 08:41 PM
vge

I think I am going to take the truck out for a nice dirty run soon I picked up a new 2004 Ford F-150 body for the T-maxx. I do not want to mess up the El Camino.

Thanks everyone for the complements. The engine was done with that Silver metal looking paint. That stuff has some serious fumes and is extremely flamable. But it makes lexan really look like chrome. It did a great job on the engine. Oh yeah that stays in the truck. I only run it when I am playing with it in a parking lot. No jumping with that The next body I do I am going to do some flames with some ghosting. I will post it when I am done.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:42 PM
vge

FoxRacing500r - where in MD are you located?
Old 02-22-2004, 09:43 PM
04TMAXX

i use carb cleaner to get out all the gunk...then armor all car wash wipes make the maxx shine!you can use these on everything, ans they are relatively cheap. check em out, you wont be dissapointed!