Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx servo glitches?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 01:49 PM
mrwatson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx servo glitches?

I have a SportMaxx (with a 2.5) that has been converted into a T-Maxx through installation of the various necessary upgrades. Lately I've been having trouble with the throttle servo behaving very strangely. Sometimes the servo will seem to randomly change center so that the brakes are almost fully applied. When that happens, I can still play with the throttle on the transmitter and get the servo to move, but it won't move enough to disengage the brakes and open the carburetor above idle.

To try to fix it, I have taken the horn off the throttle servo and re-centered it. This cures the problem for a few minutes until the servo again re-centers at some random location in which case I have to do it all over again.

At first I thought maybe the throttle servo was dying, so I physically switched it with the shift servo. I still have the same problem. Whichever servo I plug into the throttle channel on the receiver has the same problem.

I also have a Venom failsafe plugged in line with the throttle servo. I disconnected it so the servo is plugged directly into the receiver, but the same thing still happens.

All the radio equipment is stock. The receiver batteries are 4 fully charged NiMH AAs.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-23-2004, 11:22 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-Maxx servo glitches?

Sounds like your servo horn is stripped, and when you apply the brakes, the horn repositions itself.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:41 AM
mrwatson

ORIGINAL: jefx

Sounds like your servo horn is stripped, and when you apply the brakes, the horn repositions itself.
Hmmm... I checked the servo horn again to make sure and it doesn't look like that's the case. I twisted on it pretty hard and couldn't get it to slip. I've seen the servo jump to a new setting when the truck was just sitting there without me even touching the transmitter.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:58 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Its either ur not gettin enough power to it,too much power to it, or its stripped.

-Dallas
Old 02-25-2004, 11:13 AM
mrwatson

ORIGINAL: homelessduck101

Its either ur not gettin enough power to it,too much power to it, or its stripped.

-Dallas
So could it just be that the voltage on the batteries is a little too high right when I first take them off the charger?

Thanks for the help guys,
Mark
Old 02-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Mudsurfer1234

mine glitches when i hit the cooling head with the glow ignitor, and a screwdriver hitting anything else metal
Old 02-25-2004, 07:01 PM
wakbrdr

any metal-to-metal contact can make your servos glitch