Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Pro-Line Bow Ties & Trinity MHP = WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 01:01 AM
bjadams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-Line Bow Ties & Trinity MHP = WOW!!!

Howdy,

I just got back from racing with my new Pro-Line Bow Ties & I also switched from 20% Blue Thunder to 20% Trinity Monster Horsepower Fuel (2.5 engine, 18/72 gears).

I don't know if it was the tires hooking up so much better than stock, or the Trinity, but I couldn't keep the front end on the ground!! It purred at idle & mid-range was awesome. I could hold it at half throttle for half a lap if I wanted. The Blue Thunder wasn't able to do that, altho I was happy with it overall. Temps ranged from 220 to 235 in a 64 degree ambient temp tonight with the Trinity.

My truck had wheelied twice before in 3 gallons & it had incredible power tonight. It took me 1.5 qualifiers to figure out how to feather the trigger light enough to keep it from flipping over.

Also, I can't say enough about the Bow Ties with the JR Z650M steering servo. It was sticking hairpins like it was glued to the track. And these are just the Maxx Ties, they're not the low profile ones. The stock tires would fishtail all over the place. Trimming the corners off helped some, but nothing like the Bow Ties did.

I'm going to put my 20 tooth clutch bell back on & try a 70 tooth spare spur I have to try to keep the front end down. I loosened the slipper, but couldn't get it just right while racing. I needed more track time before hand.

Just thought I'd post about how good my truck ran tonight. I just wish my driving skills weren't so far beneath it!!!

I highly recommend Bow Ties & Trinity MHP fuel.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:47 AM
mgreen

Default RE: Pro-Line Bow Ties & Trinity MHP = WOW!!!

The Bow Ties are great.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:29 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Default RE: Pro-Line Bow Ties & Trinity MHP = WOW!!!

I use hpi Dirt bonez and I was going to switch to Trinity MHP as soon as I burn up the rest of the blu thunder i have.