Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Steering whatchamacallit thingy

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Melancholy43920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering whatchamacallit thingy

ok this is a pic of the front part of my T-Maxx with the front end removed. i know those arms control the steering, which i happen to think is crappy. see the 2 black screws at the top? what if i moved them to the outer screw holes right beside the screws? how would that affect my steering, if at all?

Old 05-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: Steering whatchamacallit thingy

The tie rods cannot be mounted on the inner screws holes because it will affect your suspension.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:43 AM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

yes it would relly give you bump stear. it would be like this. try this. taking the back wheel of and taking the turn buckles and putting it on the top of the hub instead of the bottom. you bearlly move the link but move the a-arm up and down and the is a ton of bump stear. i noticed that tonight when putting anew turnbuckle on. i put it on the top instead and i was adjusting the link and the was making sure when the suspension went down the wheel was either strait or had tow in and it had so much bump stear so i looked at the other side and saw it was on the bottom and so i switch the other one and there wasnt any bump stear. i thought about it too so be inbarrested. as for stearing problems, the conecting rod on mine was hitting the diff case so i had to rim the diff case so it wouldn't rub.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:26 AM
TexasTMaxx

Replace the steering setup with [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDCW6&P=7]this[/link]. It is well worth the money.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Melancholy43920

ORIGINAL: Just Gundam

The tie rods cannot be mounted on the inner screws holes because it will affect your suspension.
it's mounted on the inner screws now. thats how it came, so i was wondering about moving to the outer screws.

and call me dumb, but what exactly is bump steer?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:37 AM
schmism

bumpstear, when your suspention cycles it moves your tires left/right or in/out. so when you go over bumps your truck has a tendancy to be very hard to control.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Infinite Gundam

Your pic shows the correct mounting of the bellcranks to the steering linkage, the outer holes are for the tie rods.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:28 AM
rusty basher

What he said. Don't try messing with your current setup just get a better one if you don't like it. The bushings on the stocker suck. You'll notice a huge difference with the proline setup and the servo saver which is built in replaces the crappy stock one. A perfect addition to have with an upgraded servo.