Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo break-in

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 09:13 PM
RayzerSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo break-in

was wondering if anyone had some pointers on breaking in my new revo
I'm a savage ss owner and never had a traxxas product
should I just follow the revo instructions?
I plan to break it in tomorrow morning in the cool weather
thanks for any help
Old 09-18-2004, 09:29 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Revo break-in

always do 2 more tanks than it says to
Old 09-18-2004, 09:48 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

I just broke mine in today, as well as BROKE IT! LOL.

Seems to be running rich, smoking alot but Im not a pro so I just need to get the adjustments down thats all. I followed the guide that traxxas gives, and tank following I still didnt totally beat on it. I think Its running fast though....ill have to catch up with some others. The only thing I noticed is that Im going through glow plugs a but to fast, I think thats my inexperience there though with the air/fuel mixture.

good luck...

(BTW busted the front upper and lower control arm.....whoops, musta smacked something up, luckily the shop had the part in stock, all fixed now)
Old 09-18-2004, 09:51 PM
oatmealman
Banned

remeber i always do 2 more tanks thn what the manual says it seats your engine in better
Old 09-23-2004, 04:36 PM
MT RC

you mean to do 2 more tanks for every tank, like 2 idle tanks and 2 of every step, is that what you mean?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:58 PM
infernoMP

What kind of temps are you guys getting during break in? I was getting around 210 on the very first tank so I richened it 1/4 turn without much of a difference except the temp dropped down to 190
Old 09-24-2004, 11:29 PM
MrSavage

210 is about the right temp, maybe a tiny bit too high, but don't worry about it. its good to get your engine up to those temps so that your engine doesn't get broken in coldly.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:33 PM
infernoMP

What about the body. I know it says for every tank after the 1st, to run with the body on. I would rather run it with the body off for break in that way I can keep a good eye on things. Is there anything wrong with that?
Old 09-25-2004, 09:34 AM
ils

Before you start the whole process, take the plug out and find out where BDC is and mark it on the flywheel (I used permanent marker). What I did (and still do) is whenever it's time to let the engine cool down (or when I am done with playing), manually turn the flywheel so that the piston is BDC so both the piston and sleeve has a chance to contract. IMPORTANT: don't touch the exhaust (mufler) .
Just a thought.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:22 PM
infernoMP

My Revo is finally broken in and seems to run best at 245-250 with the body off. Is that normal for these things? It just feels nice and "crisp" at that temp. I'd like to run it around 230 with the body on but I dont think that's going to happen unless I make it run like a pig.