Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

stock revo battery consumption questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 02:44 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock revo battery consumption questions

Got my revo a few days ago, wondeing how often the car needs to be charged (receiver batt.) and how often using regular duracell AAs the transmitter will last??

I ran my car a few times, the reciever seemed ok but charged it after so I dont know if it needed it or I was just being paraniod that it was going to die.

Any suggestions on a cheap solution for transmitter batteries, perhaps rechargable or a pack of some sort that I can charge with my 7.2 peak charger?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:43 PM
fastcrash

Default RE: stock revo battery consumption questions

as long as you remember to shut the controler off, the batteries should last a good long time. and also the red light on the transmitter will blink when they are low, so look at the light before you shut it off.

the revo has a couple of l.e.d.s the blue one indicates something about the tranny, but the green one indicates battery condition. it has three colors, green= good, orange=half,
red=dead.
the optidrive also acts as a failsafe, if you ignore the led's, and the voltage drops too far, the optidrive will shut down all servos, and the truck will no longer respond to your commands and its time to recharge.---------- i hope you enjoy your revo as much as i do mine, later, chris
Old 09-22-2004, 09:04 PM
ils

Default RE: stock revo battery consumption questions

I bought a set of 4 Energizer NiMH AAs rated at 2300 mAh. I charged them and put it in the truck and forgot and left the power on for about 46 hours. Took the truck out the third day and the batteries were still good. I ran the truck for about an hour and quit and the batteries are still O.K. (I assume so because the truck still repond to the transmitter).
BTW, I have the T.