Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Beat this lst

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 07:48 PM
bamaracer0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beat this lst

http://www.traxxas.com/products/news...Pro-Series.htm

Thats pretty cool, revo 1, 2, and 3.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:50 PM
ICrashThings

Default RE: Beat this lst

lol sweet. i see the revo doesnt have a heard time "fitting in" at the track.[8D]
Old 09-23-2004, 09:32 PM
bamaracer0

Maybe mine and my dad's will get the same result whenever we go.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Jayphred

How does the Revo race in the RC Pro series in Unlimited class when there rules for this class state-

Unlimited Monster Truck Class
Any 1/10th or 1/8th Scale Monster truck, that has an engine .18 or larger in size.
Must resemble a Monster Truck.

Just curious about that one. Also was the Revo racing against any LST's in that race.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:24 PM
bamaracer0

who knows? maybe they let them in cause they thought they would get whooped against the BBs.

No LST's that i know of but i havent heard any reports of lsts winning anything that I remember.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:35 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: Jayphred

How does the Revo race in the RC Pro series in Unlimited class when there rules for this class state-

Unlimited Monster Truck Class
Any 1/10th or 1/8th Scale Monster truck, that has an engine .18 or larger in size.
Must resemble a Monster Truck.

Just curious about that one. Also was the Revo racing against any LST's in that race.
That rule is more to establish what can't go in the production class than it is to exclude what can go in unlimited. The idea of unlimited is you can run whatever you want. In the first round of the east division of the pro series, a couple of 2.5 Pro Hobby maxx trucks took 2nd and 3rd in unlimited. In the second round a near stock 2.5 maxx truck took second. From everything i've read, heard, and seen, the revo is a better race truck than the maxx so it's no surprise that it's cleaning up in MT races all over the country.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:18 PM
popa71

Hey guys, why dont we just let all the races and results speak for themselves and not get too far into this!!!!!! This Thread has all the makings for a bashing session!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
bamaracer0

I was posting results to let them speak for thmeselves

EDIT-Hey FHM where exactly is pinson? And what tracks do you go to? Do you ever go to Cullman R/C Hobbies? I tried talk my dsd into going this weekend, but the bama game comes on at 2ish.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:04 PM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: popa71
This Thread has all the makings for a bashing session!!!!!!!!!
How do you figure that? So far the only race results mentioned are from races that have already happened and the results documented. That aside, how can a simple discussion about race results lead to slagging? So few MT owners are actual racers and the vast majority of MT racers are long passed the brand love affairs that usually spark slam sessions.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:47 PM
popa71

ORIGINAL: fhm101

This Thread has all the makings for a bashing session!!!!!!!!!
How do you figure that? So far the only race results mentioned are from races that have already happened and the results documented. That aside, how can a simple discussion about race results lead to slagging? So few MT owners are actual racers and the vast majority of MT racers are long passed the brand love affairs that usually spark slam sessions.
Ah maybe the title of the thread!!!1 It puts the Revo directly against an LST" Beat this LST"

Dont get me wrong Im the proud owner of a Revo that has met all my expectations( awesome truck) but Im sure the Revos were running against more than LSTs in that race!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:14 AM
bamaracer0

i never said they ran it against anything, I'm saying its their turn to take the podium in any series in any race, because I havent seen it done.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:25 AM
fhm101

Ah maybe the title of the thread!!!1 It puts the Revo directly against an LST" Beat this LST"

Dont get me wrong Im the proud owner of a Revo that has met all my expectations( awesome truck) but Im sure the Revos were running against more than LSTs in that race!!!!!!!!!
You have yet to answer my original question of how a simple discussion of documented race results would lead to slagging. Having raced enough to know that any truck can win on any given day, I can't imagine an MT racer taking exception to results of past races. Of course thre's always the fanboys.

Non racing fanboys who are still green enough to think it's cool to argue that whatever truck they happen have at the time is the best truck in the world will always want to argue trucks. It's what imature fanboys do best when they get a new truck. This is the first period in the repeative life cycle of the fanboy. next comes thrashing their new truck beyond any normal limits, then whining about what a piece of crap their new truck is because it's always broken. They get depressed between trucks just like normal people do between relationships, then the magic day arrives when they get a new truck which instantly becomes the greatest truck in the world. The only difference now is the truck that only recently was the greatest is now a POS and the new truck they now have is the best there ever was.

I can assure you, the opinion of a fanboy regards racing results will be as hollow as the grand canyon and therefore not worth wasting time on. let 'em flame, they are going to anyway, be it here or some other thread. I for one am not worried about them.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:41 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: bamaracer0
EDIT-Hey FHM where exactly is pinson? And what tracks do you go to? Do you ever go to Cullman R/C Hobbies? I tried talk my dsd into going this weekend, but the bama game comes on at 2ish.
NE of B'ham, just inside the jefferson county line on SR75.
I used to race in cullman all the time and was in fact a founding member of the club there. I quit going much a couple of years back when I started racing more out of town and out of state. They are having a big money race next weekend (10/01) that ought to be a hoot. I had planned to race in that one when it was announced, but I've recently had some medical issues that required surgery and have not been cleared to return to normal activities yet. I'm going to try to get up to watch it though. It's really a nice place to race and one of the best offroad tracks in alabama. Another nice track is located in Harpersville. Joe (track owner) has recently put in a much larger track with some really great dirt. They race year round and during the season, racing starts at 6PM. Off season start time is 1PM.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:30 AM
popa71

ORIGINAL: fhm101

You have yet to answer my original question of how a simple discussion of documented race results would lead to slagging. Having raced enough to know that any truck can win on any given day, I can't imagine an MT racer taking exception to results of past races. Of course thre's always the fanboys.

Non racing fanboys who are still green enough to think it's cool to argue that whatever truck they happen have at the time is the best truck in the world will always want to argue trucks. It's what imature fanboys do best when they get a new truck. This is the first period in the repeative life cycle of the fanboy. next comes thrashing their new truck beyond any normal limits, then whining about what a piece of crap their new truck is because it's always broken. They get depressed between trucks just like normal people do between relationships, then the magic day arrives when they get a new truck which instantly becomes the greatest truck in the world. The only difference now is the truck that only recently was the greatest is now a POS and the new truck they now have is the best there ever was.

I can assure you, the opinion of a fanboy regards racing results will be as hollow as the grand canyon and therefore not worth wasting time on. let 'em flame, they are going to anyway, be it here or some other thread. I for one am not worried about them.
My answer was the title of the thread!!!!!!!! You dont think that will draw the Lst guys in here and start another war of the words? Its like a challenge
Old 09-25-2004, 07:51 PM
fhm101

As I've said before, those MT owners that actually race their trucks won't be put off by the title, they know racing is less about brand and more about practice, prep, and luck. As I've also said before, the fanboys may slag but they are going to anyway so who cares? I don't know if you have noticed this yet, but so far you are the ONLY one worried about flames and so far there have not been any. If you feel the title is too much, why bother even looking in? i for one would much rather look at race results and speculate about why so and so won which race than to endlessy worry about somone that may or may not find the thread title flameworthy.

That said, you got any race results you want to discuss?
Old 09-25-2004, 07:55 PM
bamaracer0

You calling me a fanboy? I know I am, a person can't help loving a truck.

Has Losi entered the LST in any races? What were the results? Just wondering.

What about the TNX? Any since the Pro-line challenge when they would've beat the revo if they would've have ran out of gas.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Jayphred

From the Losi web site. This is the only one I can recall it was raced in. I don't think Losi has a full time team driver running the LST.

The all-new LST Monster Truck from Team Losi made its racing debut in grand fashion winning the US Gas Championships. Although the LST has run thousands of laps while in development at various racetracks around Southern California it has never competed head-to-head with other models in actual competition. The US Gas Championships offered the ultimate test with the best drivers and highly modified machines competing on the challenging K-Z Speedway off-road track. Adam Drake drove the production spec test truck to a convincing victory landing the big jumps, smoothing out the rough sections, and putting down the power throughout the long main event. Congratulations to the crew at K-Z Speedway, Adam, and the LST for and awesome event and debut.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:12 AM
Jayphred

From Tamiyas web site-TNX placed 1st and 2nd in A main of 2004 Monster Madness in Aug. Slayden/Revo was third.

This is where ghosts of the pass were starting to enter both Jimmy and his pit man’s mind. Jimmy’s last pit stop was 7.5 minutes before the end of the race. With two minutes to go Jimmy yelled over to his pit man and asked if he should come in. Both looked at each other and decided that it was best to play it safe and come in for a splash and go. The splash and go went smoothly and Jimmy(TNX) hung on for the win with David Jun(TNX) taking second and Traxxas’s Steve Slayden(REVO) taking third.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:46 AM
fhm101

I'm not calling anyone a fanboy.

I recently read a comment by Steve Slayden that if the 2 Tamiya guys had been running revo's they would have walked off and left him in the dust. After keeping up with a few TNX's that are being raced regularly by some dedicated privateers, I'm convinced he's right. The incredible driving skill of the Tamiya team is really what's making the TNX look so good on the track. The trucks I've been keeping up with are all run by former T maxx racers who all did better with their maxx trucks. The more the revo gets raced, the more I'm convinced it's what it was built to be all along, a world class racing MT.

As for the LST. It is being raced, it's just not finishing well. As a basher it's got major potential, but so far as a racer, results are not promising.