Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

P2 or Sirio .18

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Ken448

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2 or Sirio .18

Which is best and why.. Im primarliy a basher, occasional racer. Want poWer! Since they are about the same price.. what is the preferred motor in a REVO.. and, please keep it between these two, Im not really interested in putting a $300 engine in this truck. Just something to drop in and roughly $200..
Old 09-23-2004, 09:12 PM
wakbrdr

Default RE: P2 or Sirio .18

I think they are both great engines, but if you go with the P2, you will sooner or later have to upgrade tranny and drivetrain.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:15 PM
revo21

Go with a Orion Wasp .21 Max engine it has more torque plus awsome top speed, easy to tune and holds it well. I've put a gallon through mine and it just keeps getting faster i've had to loosen the slipper and lower my Revo to keep from flipping over and it still wheelies on demand
Old 09-26-2004, 12:49 PM
MAXXacceleration

Both are good motors Ken. The Sirio may rev higher & the P2 has a bunch of torque. The P2 also revs amazingly well. My Maxx is ballistic with the P2. As other people have said, my P2 also weeps a bit of oil out of the front bearing. As I have heard from Werks & Ofna, all three medium block P2's(Ofna, Werks & Wasp) are the same(w/different color heads).