Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

A fresh set of treads for the Revo

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 06:39 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A fresh set of treads for the Revo

Since i cant get my hands on the response tires, i figured i would put these wheels to use finally. I stopped by Dirt Burners last week an picked up the 40 series BT's for the dish wheels i've had on my parts wall forever. They weigh the same as a stock wheel and tire. They are slightly shorter, slightly wider. Should be a good setup for my track. Check em out!

Old 09-26-2004, 06:44 PM
bamaracer0

Default RE: A fresh set of treads for the Revo

Tell me how they work cause thats what i wanna get to go on my revo
Old 09-26-2004, 06:47 PM
ICrashThings

cool
Old 09-26-2004, 07:06 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: bamaracer0

Tell me how they work cause thats what i wanna get to go on my revo
I know the 40 series bow ties work well. Im just not sure how they will change performance on the Revo. Every time i've been at my track i get outcornered by a savage or maxx with 40 series bow ties. My SS runs Dirt Bonz, and they are real nice. But they lose it in some corners at my track where it gets dusty, or when i corner into a burm too hard. Then i get side wall flex. The savages running 40 series bowties are doing everything on the power, and simply out running me. I've been meaning to try these out, for quite some time now. Either way, i'll have a review. I'll run stock tires for a couple tanks this week too. Just for a good comparison.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:55 PM
revobomb

thermalrd whered you buy your proline bowtie 40's? Ive got some velocitys on the way, and am looking for a good price on bowties.

also which hitec steering servos are you using? How well are they working? What is your battery life with them? HOw much where they?
Old 09-26-2004, 11:33 PM
ThermalRD

The tires were bought at my local hobby shop. Dirt burner racing in commerce michigan. About 24 bucks a pair. Im using a Hitec HS925MG on throttle, and HS645MG on steering. Two servos on steering that is. They are excellent, i love the setup. Dont confuse my throttle servo with the digital version hs5925mg. Digital servos will really eat batteries. I have not really counted how many tanks i get on a charge, but its plenty enough for me. I know its over 5 if that helps any. I paid 56 dollars for the 925, and 33 dollars for each of the 645's. I also installed the optional Heavy Duty servo saver spring. With 266 oz of torque on steering, this truck has no problem moving the tires.

ORIGINAL: revobomb

thermalrd whered you buy your proline bowtie 40's? Ive got some velocitys on the way, and am looking for a good price on bowties.

also which hitec steering servos are you using? How well are they working? What is your battery life with them? HOw much where they?
Old 09-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD
. I also installed the optional Heavy Duty servo saver spring. With 266 oz of torque on steering, this truck has no problem moving the tires.

ORIGINAL: revobomb

LMAO I BET!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:06 PM
fhm101

From what i've heard the 40 series wheels/tires will only slow the revo down. The current hot race setup for the revo is regular maxx bowties with the sidewalls cut down to fit the revo wheel. This is what mr. slayden has been racing with since he first started out with the revo and it has since pretty much become the standard race tire for the revo.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 PM
jucara

correct me if im wrong, but slayden raced with the 40 series velocitys and proline 40 bowties, until the later rounds when the track started getting rougher then he switched back over to the stock wheels.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
fhm101

Here's a pic of mr. slayden and his revo at the public debut of the revo as a racer and it's sporting cut down bowties on revo wheels. As far as i know this is the only combo he's used since then.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10100.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	178027  
Old 09-29-2004, 11:07 PM
USABaja5B

He used 40 series bowties, with yellow rims in alot of the pics I saw early on.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:30 AM
fhm101

It must have been very early on. Every pic I've seen of his truck taken in the last 3 months show it with the cut down bowties. Of course if the new traxxas tire works we know what he will be using.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 PM
bamaracer0

Even though it is the Pro-line maxx challenge(before release of revo) Slayden did use 40series bow ties. But then switched to response tires.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...up_Slayden.pdf
Old 09-30-2004, 06:58 PM
ThermalRD

Well, these guys are racing with 40 series.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:59 PM
ThermalRD

And then.....
Old 09-30-2004, 07:01 PM
ThermalRD

And then...
Old 09-30-2004, 07:03 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

thats enough we get the picture
Old 09-30-2004, 07:08 PM
ThermalRD

I cant wait to try em out. I am still waiting on the Response tires too. The guys with the savages at my track are doing real good thru corners with the 40 series. I've been messing with setups this week, and i'll hopefully get to hit the track Sunday.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:52 AM
fhm101

You are right. It's silly to worry about what someone else wants to run on their truck. Enjoy your 40 series setup.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:49 PM
bamaracer0

your a silly man fhm

I prolly wouldve went to the track this weekend too, but i finally broke a shock rod end so i spent half my money buying the rebuild kit including the rod ends and the kit including the spring retainer clip.[:'(]
Old 10-01-2004, 10:02 PM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: bamaracer0

your a silly man fhm

I prolly wouldve went to the track this weekend too, but i finally broke a shock rod end so i spent half my money buying the rebuild kit including the rod ends and the kit including the spring retainer clip.[:'(]
You are not the first person I've heard that from. In fact if I didn't hear it from SWMBO at least once a week I'd worry. I'm still recovering from surgery so I can't race this weekend, but i took an unlimited truck to the track in cullman today for a friend of mine to run in the big money race this weekend. I'm not supposed to be driving a 1:1 car yet, but i'm going stir crazy sitting at home. I' thinking about sneaking out tomorrow to watch some of the qualifying.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:41 PM
bamaracer0

lol, my granddad got in a fight with an auger drilling fence posts, it tore up his leg pretty good. He was on the couch for a couple of weeks, it abou killed him. He's outside all the time. If he dont have work outside he makes more.

Get well soon!

Turns out i couldnt have went anyways, so i guess its all good that it breaks now and gets better by the time i get to go.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:51 AM
fhm101

Cullman RC Hobbies will be having their annual offroad extreme race this month, I think it's on the weekend of the 16th, but i'm 100% on that. It always draws a good crowd and makes for some fine racing.

As for me, I'm pretty much done for the rest of this year. if the doc takes this thing out of me in time and i heal up enough, I'm going to try to make the Maxy's international challenge in december. I went last year and it's a great race with big time talent from all over the US and europe showing up to run 8th. They throw us MT racers a bone by letting us run in the same event, but i go more to watch the off the hook 8th racing than anything else. The buggy A main is an hour long and last year Kortz took it from about the halfway point and never looked back. He was dogged by several folks during the rest of the race, but the guy must have ice water in his veins. Once he got out front he didn't make a single mistake for the remaining time.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:43 PM
bamaracer0

An hour long? dang.

Got my stuff today. Now how do you get a ball joint in a rod end?

EDIT- got it together, i will have 45 bucks next week. RACE TIME BABY! (maybe we won't have to go lay blocks like we did today [:'(])

It was pretty cool we was about 10 minutes from talladega superspeedway so we got to hear them practicing and stuff today. Yes they are THAT loud.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:32 PM
ils

Default Stock Revo tires and wheels?

I have a really silly question: how do the stock Revo tires and wheels perform all around (dirt, asphalt, grass, regular bashing)? I just want to know if they are better than stock old T-Maxx tires and wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.