Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

possible eBay scam

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Melancholy43920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible eBay scam

i found a person on eBay that sells brand new Traxxas 2.5 piston/sleeve sets for only $30 plus $5 shipping. needless to say i jumped right on it since i had just fried my piston/sleeve. [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5918532127&ed=1094169890000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:US:3]here's the link to the auction i won.[/link] (replace the **** with e b a y . c o m) as you can see i won it on sept 2. i paid via PayPal and my eCheck cleared on the 8th. yes i wasn't impressed with the fact the seller, heyruoutthere, keeps her feedback private. i have emailed her a couple times now and this is what i've gotten back so far:

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:07:57 EDT
I am so sorry, I have been in the hospital and things got a little behind, This will be going out on Monday!!!!! If you get the stomach virus go straight to the Doctor this new Version is shutting down your kidneys.

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:31:58 EDT
Sorry my wife is in the hospital and they had to do emergency surgery. I will get it shipped out as soon as I get her taken care of.

now i am sympathetic to her situation, if in fact it is true. i found a way to see her feedback and found out 2 other people bought a piston/sleeve on the same day as me and one of them hasn't gotten his either. the other one hasn't replied yet. what i did was look up all items for sale by heyruoutthere, including finished auctions. then i looked at each finished auction and clicked on the winning bidder's feedback, then selected feedback left for others. it seems a few of them weren't happy and most of them never left any feedback at all...

anyone on here ever buy from this person? i'd like to hear more feedback from others who have bought from this person. this way i can figure out how to proceed. because if what they are saying is true and she really is in the hospital then i understand and can wait if i know it is actually coming. but if this is just a made up story to keep me off their back then i probably need to file a complaint. it's just with those negative comments and the other people who never got their piston/sleeve coupled with the fact their feedback is hidden it really makes me wonder.

meanwhile my truck has sat broken and torn down for a month now...
Old 09-27-2004, 07:40 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: possible eBay scam

Will for one, if it is true that she is in the hospital then there is not a whole lot she can do from there. Two why in the world would you or anyone else for that matter buy anything from somone that hides there feedback? I for one have never seen this (Hiding feedback) on Ebay and I would not give that auction a second look if I had. I don't care how cheap it looks if there is anyting that's not "normal" about the sellers info then report it and see what Ebay has to say about it. There are scams on Ebay but, unless you watch out for them and report the ones you see then you will get bit somtime or another.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:23 AM
fhm101

If the hospital story is true, what's to keep the one emailing you from packing and dropping the item? if they have time to email you an excuse, they should have time to tend to their obligation. I started running a bunch of my RC stuff through ebay a few weeks ago and soon after found out I was going to have to get some surgery so I let all my current auctions end and I'm now waiting untill I'm once again cleared to drive before I'll start back listing things. One sure way to check on this would be to see if the seller has listed any new items since claiming the problem arose.

All other stuff aside, I too would be afraid to deal with anyone who kept their feedback hidden.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Melancholy43920

the latest auction they have listed started on sept 12 and ended sept 14 and the first email reply was sept 17. and i also thought if her husband had the time to be checking email then he had the time to drop a package in the mail on the way back to the hospital. and it's not like she's been in there constantly from the 2nd up till now since she's the one that emailed me first on the 17th (9 days after my eCheck had cleared). and i also don't understand why eBay even gives the option to let people hide their feedback. but at least i found a way to see the feedback people left for this bidder, which defeats the purpose of making it private lol.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:15 AM
R/C Madman

I did not know that Ebay had that option to hide your feedback? But, if someone has to hide there feedback on a site that uses a feedback system to let people know your a stand up seller or buyer again why, would you buy from them???????[sm=confused.gif]
Old 09-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Ken448

From E bay... I dont think Id buy anything from someone that hides feedback though!! Hope it comes through for ya though..

eBay strongly encourages you to keep your feedback profile public. In other words, everyone should be able to view the feedback other eBay users have left about you. A private profile means that others can't view your feedback.

Your feedback profile is a valuable asset on eBay. Making your feedback profile public generates trust and increases the likelihood that other eBay members will do business with you. After all, you'd probably want to see another member's feedback profile before you bought from them.

On the other hand, if you make your feedback profile private, it means that only you can view your feedback. By making your feedback profile private, you may be decreasing other eBay participants' desire to conduct business with you. Please also note that while the text of the comments will be private, other members will still be able to see the number of positive, neutral and negative comments on your account.

eBay strongly encourages you to consider this carefully when making the decision to make your Feedback Profile private.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:39 PM
minitman

if it doesnt come through im sure a couple of phone calls and emails will clear it right up