Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Wheelies On Command... then

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:17 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Wheelies On Command... then

I had my revo tuned in so nice around the 9 th tank that is was wheelieing for me on command , pretty much whenever i wacked it and had traction.( i put a 40 tooth spur gear on it. Crazy thing is i can not get it to hold that tune, or any other really. Running top fuel 20%(traxxas). Seems to be getting hot even when i am running her rich.(spit test) no temp gun yet. Have airfilter side window cut out as well as hole in windsheild? What is my next step here guys to get ma revo consistent ? One awesome truck though I must say. not disapointed with the motor just yet. It is perty powerful!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Revo Wheelies On Command... then

#1- temp gun... If you kick down $489 or whatever, what is another $25 for a Duratrax/Ofna gun? Nothing... Spit test isn't accurate (and gross).

You said you are running a 40 tooth spur? What is the stock spur tooth count?

#2- you may be over revving the engine if you put in a lower count spur from stock.

Now, chances are if you are pulling mad wheelies, you are too lean on the low end. These things were not designed to wheelie on command. The only
way to get them to wheelie easily is by leaning the heck out of them. Specifically, the LSN. Leaning the LSN is what will give you the low end
wheelie take offs- but the motor will overheat as a result. You want a good takeoff, sure but a wheelie takeoff is almost a guarantee that you are too lean
on the low end. The Revo was not designed to 'wheelie'.

#3- your LSN may be too lean

#4- Is the Fuel new? Have you ever left the fuel container with the top off? Maybe flush out the fuel if you are not sure and try some new stuff

#5- Trimming the body will help, but if you are running too hot, it won't matter. Trimming is a band aid, not the cure. Proper tuning is the cure.

The 2.5 makes great power with a decent 200-250 tune. It makes INSANE power with a 300+ tune but it will NOT last very long.

You may have a leak, but with a leak it will idle very fast and get VERY hot and usually shut down quickly.

Good luck.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:09 AM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Revo Wheelies On Command... then

OK, you are correct my LSN was way to lean it is still a rocket off the line but won't wheelie now un less i get rolling forward hit the brakes then smack it again. It does seem to be running a lil cooler I believe, going to get a temp gun today. Also what color is the top of your piston supposed to be? After the motor is broken in and on the 10th tank.