Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Quick Q about the S-Maxx..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 03:03 PM
ICrashThings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Q about the S-Maxx..

I have been reading stuff on it about its made for racing because it has a 2 speed, no 4wd, no reverse. is this true? Or can you race with 4wd and reverse? im a racing newby and this winter i want to know atleast the basics before i go out and race. I don't have a MT because i dont have enough money, also my lhs sells traxxas up the waa-zoo and might not be selling the MGT and after market parts for it.

So is the S-Maxx really ready to race? or should i get a T-Maxx? The revo is selling ever 5 seconds at my lhs so that isnt an option in the next few months (LONG waiting list.)
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
ICrashThings

Default RE: Quick Q about the S-Maxx..

come on anyone know?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:27 PM
bamaracer0

The S-maxx is 2wd 2speed and no reverse, but traxxas does make reverse and 4wd modules that should drop in. You will be able to race with it, but you may not get the best traction because of the 2wd.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:32 PM
ICrashThings

Oh ok, im use to 2wd cause i owned a rc10gt. I might as well get a T-Maxx and take off what im probably not going to use (reverse). it stinks though, i was looking forward to the mgt and now my lhs isnt gonna sell much of it.[:@] o well.

thx bam.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Paniro tha Ghost

icrashthings,
i have a s-maxx and i love it, when i go to the track everyone else races their t-maxx and i hold my own with them. i have only had mine for a couple of months, some of them have been playing for years. the t-maxx also cost more so why buy a t-maxx and take off the reverse? if you are use to 2wd then get a s-maxx.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:48 PM
ICrashThings

yea, i choose the s-maxx. my parents said if i can get enough money (like $200) by my b-day (Dec. 7th) they will pay the rest on my b-day for it. I cant wait, but its gonna be cold so, will it be safe to start breaking it in at those low temps?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:49 AM
psycooclimber

ya but warm the engine up to room temp with a blow dryer before you start it so the cilinder walls will expand a little and it wont scrach the walls.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:21 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: psycooclimber

ya but warm the engine up to room temp with a blow dryer before you start it so the cilinder walls will expand a little and it wont scrach the walls.
Ok, cool, thats what i did with my old engine.

Another Q i had is, what would most likely be the first thing to break? also does it come with an EZ start with the thing to start it? thanks again.