Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

MAXX Snow Plow

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:18 PM
moparpede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAXX Snow Plow

Does anyone know where I can get a Snow Plow for my E-MAXX?

MoparPede
Old 09-28-2004, 08:20 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: MAXX Snow Plow

make one,but y it won't have the torque o plow snow,oh sigh
Old 09-28-2004, 09:18 PM
camra88

http://www.rcworld2000.com/plowpage.htm

http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=24831
Old 11-20-2005, 07:27 PM
rcfreak11

hi
i have a tmaxx with a snow plow and it plows great no need for the snow chains or jumbo tires i plow like an inch of snow with stock everything
Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 PM
curtisMAXX

i'd really like to see some of your pics . My little girl would love a snow plow on her truck
Old 11-21-2005, 06:46 PM
rcdude37

ORIGINAL: oatmealman

make one,but y it won't have the torque o plow snow,oh sigh
with an e-maxx it will push it better than with a t-maxx....
Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
rcfreak11

yea right you keep dreaming dont buy the rcworld2000 ones there crap the just freakin piece of a gutter
Old 12-04-2006, 03:51 PM
mksuperbike

Igot a plow on my rustler it works great
Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
smaxx3.3

that link there^^ it says "this item is no longer available" towards the bottom right next to the pic of the plow.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: smaxx3.3

that link there^^ it says "this item is no longer available" towards the bottom right next to the pic of the plow.
thats cause this is a 2 year old thread.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:42 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thing of going to home depot and getting some vinyl and maybe some half pipe brakets. Its just I dunno how I would mount it. Maybe I could connect it with an extra servo so when I go in reverse the plow raises I just have no cloe about how I could hook it up to the car. Boy would a plow be awesome on my savage! It weighs at least 3-4 lbs more and the engine has a lot of torque, too bad it dont have reverse, then i would really like it[] I dunno tell me what you think.... And for those of you who already have built your own plows. Please post pics of it and give us a list of the parts that you used to make it[8D] TY Tom.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Seek and Destroy

I would mount it at the bottom where the front bumper skid thing comes out.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
smaxx3.3

quote:

ORIGINAL: smaxx3.3

quote:

http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=24831

thats cause this is a 2 year old thread.
oh i never noticed
Old 12-06-2006, 08:19 PM
rcnitrohead

Maybe ill pay a visit to Home Depot on friday. I am interested in going through with this project. But I have to buy a new pinion gear for my diff first[:'(]
Old 12-07-2006, 04:20 PM
rcnitrohead

No one have any ideas?[&o]
Old 12-07-2006, 05:05 PM
dude7422

hi rc nitrohead dont for get the skids on the bottom of plow i would use air plane tail wheels for skid know what i mean?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif] also use a 8inch aluminum pipe cut in half as plow any thing smaller will look odd imo
Old 12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
rcnitrohead

Can the ppl who have done this please post pics?
Old 12-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Wild Foamy

sounds like an interesteing project, i think someone did it with a kyosho blizzard...

and i think if youve got a FOC then the 3rd channel could be used with an aircraft retract servo to raise/lower the plough... you may need some paddle or aggressive tread tyres to get the grip though...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 PM
rcnitrohead

It is an interesting project. I was supposed to hit home depit after skool today but I went to my LHS instead. After that I didnt want to walk the 8 blocks to the store cus I was very cold like 20 farenheit here. I just want the people who have done it:

mksuperbike
rcfreak11

Guys please post pictures! I want to see you plow to bumper linkage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![]
Old 12-09-2006, 11:20 PM
rcnitrohead

Wow I dont know why you guys posted that you had made plows. I mean I want to know how you hooked it up to your truck and ive asked for pics, please post them.[]
Old 12-10-2006, 12:22 AM
cr85nut

Here is my plow project for my stampede.

I used a 4" piece of pvc pipe cut that in half and then shaved the bottom to a blade. As of right now the plow is to wide i need to cut about an inch off each end.

I drilled 2 holes in the front bumper of my stampede and then 2 holes in a broken bulkhead off of my old stampede and bolted the bulkhead to the bumper using 2 stainless bolts.

Then i used a lower stampede a-arm mounted one end to the bulkhead using a mini screwdriver as a pin because its all i have for now. and then the other end to the plow and i made a little piece of wood to angle the plow for now ( will be replaing the piece of wood with something better). That piece goes directly in between the a arm and the plow. I then used a wood screw to go through the plow and then into the wood and then the a arm.

For scale details i found model chain at tower hobbies to mount to the servo to raise and lower the plow. the i got a little piece on rod to fit into an antenna tube and then bent the rod into an L and then cut the antenna tube to fit over it. Im gunna paint the plow yellow and get some fisher stickers to put on it.

here are a few pics. The flash on the camera wasnt working right so they are really dark ill try to take some better ones soon.

Hope this helps,
Matt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25926.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	574519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91443.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	574520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21686.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	574521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk22762.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	574522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz29924.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	574523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg61255.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	574524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Df74104.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	574525  
Old 12-10-2006, 12:40 AM
rcnitrohead

Hey thanks for posting, looks innovative[sm=thumbup.gif] Im gonna go for something more realistic[>:] I was supposed to hit Home Deopt today but had a change of plans since a friend came over But anyways, ill be going there to browse for materials and see what the price on everything will be (low on cash)[&o]. I am planning to use a flexible cut of vynil. My dad has that and itwould be very good for pushing snow as it is solid, but is very flexible at pressure so it can absorb impacts and retake its form unlike the PVC pipe, im saying if you were plowing at 5-10mph and you hit a rough part of concrete[:'(] I will try too look for some half pipe brackets that are at least around 5-6" so it can give the vynil the curved shape and then use some straight metal rod to join the brackets horizontally. Im going to want it at an angle just like you have it but not that far away from my truck so I will probably had 2 metal plates connecting to the plow brackets screwing into the shock towers for extra durability. I think this project shouldnt cost me more than $10 in material and a few hours at the bench. I cant wait until the powder flies in! We had our first flakes here in NYC on Friday but it was barely noticable Just a few, barely enough to see

This is a makeshift diagram of what im planning:

///////
///////
The plow: /////// Angled upwards to the left because the snow should always be pushed onto the right.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:58 AM
cr85nut

The pvc pipe is pretty stong. Plus the stampede is very light there for not much momentum to really force pressure on the plow upon impact.

But i was also trying to figure a way to mount a spring just like a real plow so if it hit something it would fold forward.

This whole project has cost me about $4. The t-maxx parts were broken parts i had lying around. My dads a plumber so i have all the pipe i need, but luckly found the right size scrap piece. The bolts i found in my garage.

So far all i paid for was the chain and the antenna tubes.

-Matt
Old 12-10-2006, 01:24 PM
rcnitrohead

Well I guess ill be hitting Home Depot monday I think my dad has some of that vinyl left over but im imagining that the PVC pipe would be kind of heavy to push. Is you stampede electric or nitro? But a Pede is kind of small so I wouldnt imagine it could have the weight or the torque to move more than 1" of snow at a time[] Ill see what I can do[8D]
Old 12-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Timm125

I made a fairly realistic snow-plow for a monster truck some time ago.

A few words of caution. Use something to protect your servos. I used a steering servo-saver for the servo that controls angle, and springs to protect the one that raises and lowers the plow. I went through a few servos before I added the protection.

I used aluminum for most of the plow, but I still had to beef up the front springs. At the time, the only truck I had was 2 wheel drive, so I added chains to the rear tires, and locked the differential. I also lowered the gearing, and strapped two 6-cell packs on it.

I eventually ruined the gearbox, and they no longer make the truck I used, so it will become a shelf piece. []

I don't have any pictures handy right now of the design, but I did take some video of it while it was still working. I may upload the video to You Tube.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.