Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New engine for an older style Maxx .15?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 09:00 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine for an older style Maxx .15?

My buddy has and older Maxx .15 that is in really nice shape. He want's a stronger engine than the stock Traxxes .15. I suggested a 2.5 but I'm not familiar with all the other new engines in the market. I understand there are some drop in .21s' and maybe 26s' out there for the Maxx? The truck will be used more for bashing than racing What ever he gets, he wants to know what other parts he will need to make the swap? B.T.W... I haven't talked him into trying the RCU forum yet. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:01 AM
motionmachine

Default RE: New engine for an older style Maxx .15?

2.5 would be my first choice, anything more will require expensive driveline upgrades to handle the power.
I have a like new 2.5 engine for sale, $125 + S&H. It includes the stock traxxas engine mounts, header, pipe, clutch and easy start assembly. Drop me a PM if your interested.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:23 AM
redheat8

The Wasp .18 well drop in that older .15 truck. Dont think that the 2.5 well fit the .15pro truck, RED
Old 10-01-2004, 10:00 AM
motionmachine

Am I missing something? The only change to the chassis from the original T-Maxx to the 2.5 T-Maxx is the bell crank that operates the carb linkage which is a very easy add on. I own a first generation T-Maxx and a 2.5 T-Maxx and I've done extensive comparisons, other than extending the suspension, and installing the 2.5 engine along with the bell crank, nothing has changed between them so why wouldn't it simply BOLT ON Red?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:17 PM
helidreamer-RCU

Try a wasp or sirio engine, .18 perfered. If that's not in your budget, get the 2.5
Old 10-04-2004, 03:57 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Epic .18,cheaper than the sirio and just as strong. It'll drop right in and really move your truck.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:36 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Well...he settled an O.S. 18 CV, and that thing is fast as hell now! It will keep up with my Savage. Thanks for your input guys.