Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New motor soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:09 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default New motor soon

Copied from another board

New OS just for you Maxx and Revo guys

O.S. Engines has developed a new .18-size small-block engine that's even more powerful than the class-leading .18 CV-R, and it's a direct fit for the T-Maxx. The .18 TM features an IPS-type crankshaft to fit the stock clutch and flywheel hardware from the 2.5 T-Maxx, and the Traxxas EZ Start 2 or a Traxxas pull-starter are a direct fit on the .18 TM.
The .18 TM features a 16mm bore and 15mm stroke for true 3cc (.18 c.i.) displacement. Quality ABC construction, a knife-edged conrod, skirted piston, 3-needle carb, and an included header with silicone gasket and high-quality retainer spring. These features combined with legendary O.S. quality make this one the most promising aftermarket engines with versions for use in any current production Traxxas truck (Another version will be available shortly that will include a header for installation in the Revo).

11930 - .18TM w/T-Maxx header
11931 - .18TM w/Revo header

Old 10-01-2004, 04:08 PM
bamaracer0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New motor soon

now the question is...will it have more power/top speed than the 2.5?

I was told the TRX2.5 is comparable to a .18
Old 10-01-2004, 07:39 PM
ZondaC12

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!

why!!!!!!????? i just got an o.s. .18 cv-rx(s) for my sportmaxx like 3 weeks ago. no one has any idea how po'd i am right now. thats got the rear exhaust and the ezstart fits it and everything AAARGGGHH!!!!

wow. just wow. im sorry i guess ive been forunate enough for something like this to never have happened to me before. so im just a LITTLE angry.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:04 PM
rfoot

When will it be available?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:31 PM
SKYLINE350GT

no one knows for sure- a few weeks to a few months.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:37 PM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

me and my son have this engine on our t-maxx's and thay are great, wheele's when you want and more than enought power to spare. and very easy to tune. the best engine a have purchesed . i have nothing but great things to say about this engine. and i am running the dynamite pipe on it.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:48 PM
ProjectLST

Mine just came in the mail from tower and is still in the box. Tell me about how you broke in the engine and more about the pipe. I ordered the O.S. pipe but it is not in stock yet. What model Dynamite?
Old 11-23-2004, 09:54 PM
bamaracer0

He dont have that engine, that post was made oct.1, i the .18TM just came out a week or two ago.

He is mistaking it with another engine.