Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Broke a Brand New RPM A-arm!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 01:00 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke a Brand New RPM A-arm!

I can't even belive it! I have about 4 tanks of run time on a full set of RPM A-arms and the left front bottom arm is cracked! All I did was a cartwheel on the grass![:@] This Maxx is cursed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@] I know I can send it in and get a new one but, dam I thought there are supposed to be super tough and flexable? I just want to burn some fuel this weekend![8D]
Old 10-02-2004, 01:35 PM
ICrashThings

Default RE: Broke a Brand New RPM A-arm!

that sucks man, when i get my s-maxx, rpm stuff is the first hop-up im doing.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:53 PM
R/C Madman

Well I ordered a new set from Tower and put a stock front lower on until I get the new one! I am gonna send in the broke one in to get it replaced as well! I just don't get it! I have never even broke a stock A-arm and these ones go without my normal punishment?[:'(]
Old 10-02-2004, 06:26 PM
ICrashThings

I never broken a a-arm on my GT (rpm wise)...hmmmm maybe it was a lemon?
Old 10-02-2004, 07:17 PM
R/C Madman

I sure hope so! This is my first set other then the ones I have on the Nitro Stampede but, they have not gotten much use yet. They look like they should handle abuse better then the stockers and I know what I have red about them from others that own them?
Old 10-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Melancholy43920

when i ordered my RPM arms i had snapped both front lower ones in 2 days with normal driving. i ordered another pair for the front, sent the broken ones in, stuck the replacements on the rear when they came back and haven't had a problem since. it seems every now and then a bad batch comes out and a few people get weak arms. i know the arms i have on now have seen hell and are holding up great. also, when i put the very first pair on the front i didn't read the directions (smacks forehead) and screwed the pivot balls all the way in. i'm thinking maybe this changed the stress points and caused the cracks. i'm wondering if others are doing the same thing with the same results...