Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx or S-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 03:53 PM
andrew527

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx or S-Maxx

What are some of the big differences, and how do they compare?
Which is better?

Just for driving around, not racing or jumping.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:59 PM
tristy

Default RE: T-Maxx or S-Maxx

Well the T-maxx has 4wd,reverse and the S-maxx has 2wd and a foward only transmission with a different body & tyres.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:06 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: tristy

Well the T-maxx has 4wd,reverse and the S-maxx has 2wd and a foward only transmission with a different body & tyres.
s-maxx also has a 2spd.

if i were you id get a T-Maxx cause if you are just going to drive it around, reverse can come in handy as well as 4wd when keeping control.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: tristy

, reverse can come in handy as well as 4wd when keeping control.
Also, alot more maintenance.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:23 PM
andrew527

Maintenance comes with life, so that's okay.
But your saying T-Maxx for driving aroung having fun. how well do the transmission and wear parts hold up, on either one?
What about the sport Maxx?
Overall best truck would be?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2004, 08:17 PM
nitroman99

I have a tmaxx 2.5 and love it. the durability is pretty good, i run my trucks hard and usually put them through a good beating, my tmaxx is holding up well, but i will say if u go out an ramp it over a house or do wild stuff like that u will surely break something, but the best thing about the tmaxx is that u can get parts anywhere. tmaxx got truck(1/10) of the year 4 years in a row, that should say something. Good luck
Old 10-03-2004, 10:35 PM
rholmack

I have a smaxx and I love it. My neighbor has a tmaxx and the differences are listed above. I have noticed that my smaxx is faster than his t. We've compaired them side by side and everything is the same. So about the only difference is the price. If you're short on money, buy the smaxx then upgrade later if you want. If you've got the cash, buy the tmaxx. I've installed the 4wd and have not needed the reverse, but you never know.

rholmack
Old 10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
andrew527

So if the S-Maxx and the T-Maxx are the same, are the parts interchangable?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:10 PM
rfoot

I've had no problems with the tranny in my tmaxx. About the only time you would is if you add too powerful an engine or if the slipper is too tight. Just my experience though.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
t-maxxfletch

t-maxx has reverse. i would go with t-maxx. 4wd too. better for rallying about. what upgrades can i get 4 my t-maxx
Old 10-29-2004, 01:46 AM
tack-RCU

i have a tmaxx with all aluminum parts except the a arms i put a siro 18 on it the only problem ive had with it was the lock pin on the input gear for the tranny came out when i was spinning the tires on the snow the only thing i need now is a better set of shocks all the alluminum made it weigh 12 pds the stock shocks just dont cut it if you plan on puting mostly all alluminum parts on your tmax i recamend upgrading your eng it was a dog with the 2.5 oh and ive also upgraded the drive shafts with the heavy duty ones im pretty happy with the tmax but i would like to get the savage just because its biger and its more fun when one of your budies can run with you also. i also have a hpi rs4 staidium truck with an os 2.5 and many titanium parts it rocks prety good but its not big enough but thats just me
Old 04-02-2005, 12:33 AM
LilSlugger1522

I was wondering, I know this is a TMAXX vs. SMAXX forum, but what are some of the pros and cons of the TMAXX vs. the REVO or Savage?
Old 04-02-2005, 12:43 AM
BaSh_2_tHa_mAxX
My Feedback: (1)

Revo: Great all rounder bashing and racing it will do either very very well

T-maxx: Reasonable good all rounder how ever people complain about the durability but ive never had any problems with breaking things. The most upgradeable truck ever to hit the markets and 4 years on it is still a hot seller.

Savage: The older savages are getting out of date but are still awesome bashers however are big heavy handle bad and are slow the newer 4.6 is supposed fix all of these things and is backed by the savage indestructable reputation.