Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Should i break in the new piston and sleeve with my sirio big bore pipe?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Should i break in the new piston and sleeve with my sirio big bore pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:50 PM
t to the maxx2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i break in the new piston and sleeve with my sirio big bore pipe?

Or should i buuy another stock pipe
Old 10-07-2004, 09:33 PM
oatmealman
Banned

Default RE: Should i break in the new piston and sleeve with my sirio big bore pipe?

it will be fine acutally it might be better with no back pressure the less stress the engine will have so it will have a longer engine life
Old 10-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Melancholy43920

Default RE: Should i break in the new piston and sleeve with my sirio big bore pipe?

thanks. i was wondering the same thing myself. after waiting 5 weeks for my new piston/sleeve i decided to do a homemade squeeze on my old sleeve and it has way more compression than the day it came out of the box. so i was hoping it would be ok to break in on the sirio pipe and OS 10D carb. if only i can figure out a good baseline setting so i don't break it in too lean...
Old 10-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Stevecut

i decided to do a homemade squeeze
Home made squeeze eh??......... That's interesting. If the piston is hard to pass through the sleeve it doesn't necessarily mean a lot of compression it could be that you squeezed the sleeve out of round. It seems to me that you might be sacrificing the whole engine, but then again I might be wrong.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:34 PM
t to the maxx2

He, i went to break her in and she wopuldnt start for me...what should i do. I realyl miss driving it
Old 10-08-2004, 04:37 PM
oatmealman
Banned

do you hve it at break in settings,is your ez start batterie charged,try priming it,try riching you lsn(low speed needle),if those don't work i don't know what will