Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Buying Revo

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Mxracer45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Revo

So, im buying a revo. I'm selling my current monster on eb@y too buy the revo, just too let you guys know and..........

What are some good replacement parts too go ahead and pick up? What are the most breakable parts on it. What are good hop-ups? Wheels/tire combo? ( I was thinking Black Q6 wheels with dirtbonz ) Would anyone reccomend the new era roll bar? Whats the cheapest place too order? (besides tower) How does the electric start hold up? Do the 120mm rockers make a big difference over the 90mm rockers? If so a good or bad difference?

Sorry for all the questions.... Hope i can get the majority of them answered.

Thnx
-Mx
Old 10-11-2004, 08:01 AM
SexyPizzaMan
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Buying Revo

Ok from what i read, use the longer rockers for racing, the 90 for bashing. I have seen pictures and yes the rockers do make a respectable difference. Towerhobbies is the cheapest but order fast their sale ends VERY SOON. currently you save 30 bucks, getting the truck at only 450. They also have a 20 dollar coupon so the truck is only 430. Get it while price is still low. Im breaking in y revo today. They say to check the fuel tank for loose plastic, i have heard about upgrades but i hear that the revo is durable enough making upgrades not nessessary.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:05 AM
SexyPizzaMan

O, i had the sportmaxx which uses the same electric start and it worked very well, used it for about a year now and no problems with it yet. The electric start is very convinent. Just make sure you dont overheat the bearing, only click the button for secconds at a time, the truck starts fast but if it desnt start dont hold the button for longer the 7- 9 seconds or you might burn out the one way bearing. I had that happen on my savage but that was only after mabey about 1 to 2 min of continuouse starting, giving only a few second breaks. Otherwise the traxxas electric start is perfect.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:10 AM
ThermalRD

Well, i cant tell ya what replacements to get. Simply because i still havent broken anything yet. After yesterdays race im about done with my 2nd gallon now. Still no problems. The hop ups depend what you are going to do with it. Box stock its the most reliable MT i've ever owned, and the most impressive. So if you're messing around at home, and in fields, then leave it stock. You might like the long travel rockers too. I disagree with pizzaman though. I've never heard of anybody using them for racing. P2's are the norm for most racers i've talked to. Keep in mind the revo uses a wheel similar to a 40 series. They do this so they can have the extreme travel and not bind, or rub anything. If you use standard size wheels, make sure they are 1/2 inch offset. Otherwise just use a 40 series or stock. If you want nice racing tires go with the new traxxas response tires, and hurricane wheels. They should be available soon. I believe that flashing banner to RCplanet is pretty cheap on revos too.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Mxracer45

Thermal, link too those wheels/tires...

Pizzaman, thnx for the input.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:26 AM
popa71

Same here, Im half way through my second gallon and no broken parts. My first gallon was traxxas 20% and my second gallon is Oddonells 30%. No parts have broken yet. This truck has been an absolute dream. This is the way an RTR is supposed to be. I can certainly understand having a broken part here ot there. But lately most RTRs really have not owned up to the term Ready To Run. The only updrades I have done have been a Pull start, and a Hardcore racing cooling head. The other day I was tuning the engine because the Temerature here has been dropping. I took it out on the street and a car ran a stop sign I hit the curb in second gear at around 25mph. After my truck stopped flipping I knew I did some damage. Nothing but a small scratch on the right front wheel!!!!!!! Just buy the truck and run it !!!!!!Enjoy!!!!!
ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Well, i cant tell ya what replacements to get. Simply because i still havent broken anything yet. After yesterdays race im about done with my 2nd gallon now. Still no problems. The hop ups depend what you are going to do with it. Box stock its the most reliable MT i've ever owned, and the most impressive. So if you're messing around at home, and in fields, then leave it stock. You might like the long travel rockers too. I disagree with pizzaman though. I've never heard of anybody using them for racing. P2's are the norm for most racers i've talked to. Keep in mind the revo uses a wheel similar to a 40 series. They do this so they can have the extreme travel and not bind, or rub anything. If you use standard size wheels, make sure they are 1/2 inch offset. Otherwise just use a 40 series or stock. If you want nice racing tires go with the new traxxas response tires, and hurricane wheels. They should be available soon. I believe that flashing banner to RCplanet is pretty cheap on revos too.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Mxracer45

Would sidewinder pro race fuel be okay in the TRX 2.5R?
Old 10-11-2004, 02:27 PM
DTX857

Can the revo bash as well as the savage?
Old 10-11-2004, 06:43 PM
SexyPizzaMan

I have owned savage, and i just broke in my revo today. I can tell you this. After owning savage for 3 months and 5 gallons, Not one part broken and i bashed the thing as hard as i could. Me and my friends tmaxx even had a head on colision. We crashed at top speeds into eachother, my car fliped landed on its wheels and nothing was wrong. His car was in halfs. I do however LOVE my new revo. I havent jumped it yet but i can already tell this is a well build truck. I will jump it and hopefully post a video tommarow
Old 10-11-2004, 08:16 PM
frozen

I'll be ordering my Revo tomorrow
Old 10-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Mxracer45

Sweet!
Old 10-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Mxracer45

lol.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:22 PM
frozen

I've been waiting for months to get it. Finally got a job and now I am so happy. Every paycheck makes me wanna go out and buy a hop up for my e rusty (which I'm selling now) or go take in my TR-4 to get fixed (screw that). But in 2 weeks I'll have enough for revo so I'm buying it now and paying my mom off later. I can't wait to kill it >

Edit: I've only had my job for a week so far :P
Old 10-11-2004, 08:31 PM
frozen

My moms been so mad because the tr-4 breaks constantly (I'm a bad driver) and I'm not really an on-road sorta guy. Being trapped in the confints of the curbs pisses me off :P
Old 10-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Mxracer45

Heh i hear ya. Off road only here!!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
SexyPizzaMan

DO IT BUY THE REVO.

SAVAGE AND RVO ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Mxracer45

Hey guys, can any of you hook me up with the BadHorsie revo shock covers? I can't seem too find them at there site..
Old 10-11-2004, 09:41 PM
SexyPizzaMan

When you say shock covers, do you mean shock socks, just like the ones tmaxx and savage have?
Old 10-11-2004, 09:42 PM
bamaracer0

last time i checked they dont make them yet, i emailed them about it and they said whenever they get ahold of a revo they will make them.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Mxracer45

A pic at the traxxas forums had some shock covers on his revo just like badhorsie makes.. Musta been a diff brand... hmm
Old 10-11-2004, 10:02 PM
SexyPizzaMan

sorry, can you get a pic on this forum, mabey then i can help you out,
Old 10-11-2004, 10:07 PM
bamaracer0

They were probably homemade
Old 10-19-2004, 07:15 AM
ByPS2004

Hallo,
Why do you mean that heapest cost on tower will end soon? How soon?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:02 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

Would sidewinder pro race fuel be okay in the TRX 2.5R?

i have no experience with that fuel, but i heard someone on here complain it didnt work well in the 2.5r. i use oddonel 30% race fuel, and a mccoy mc-59 glow plug and that combo has worked well for me. ive really been mentioning that fuel/plug combo a lot but thats cause i want more ppl to try it. ive been very pleased[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-19-2004, 08:07 PM
ICrashThings

Mx? Likes the Revo? Wow one thing we both can agree on....

Hi mx. :wave:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.