Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

OS 18 CV-R = Broken Parts....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 12:40 AM
jakhammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 18 CV-R = Broken Parts....

Today I went to a buddies house to run on his new backyard track. Its not huge but it is fun to run around. It also gave me a nice flat place to finish my OS 18 break in. I already had 5 tanks though it (Trinity MHP custom break in blend, 1qt 25% with 2.5oz of castor added) and wanted to get it finsihed up (5 tanks and just got to factory start point or 2 turns out on HSN, started at 2.5 turns out per my break in procedure). I ran the 6th tank through nice and easy and had good temps (210 degrees). Leaned it and hit the 7th tank and was a little rougher on it, higher rpms, etc (still 210-215 degrees). Hit tank 8 and the problems started. I leaned it out for this tank as I did for tank 7. The top end was starting to clear out and I was getting wheelies in the low-mid range (wheelies while already moving). Started hitting the jumps (small jumps in this track, not a whole lot of room to fly). About half way through tank 8:

One broken rear slider shaft. It was a trip going in a circle when I juiced the gas.I still cant believe this happened. I wasnt running on a paved road or track. Not much grass around either, mostly black dirt track. Only thing I can think of is I was landing with throttle to keep the truck level while jumping (the shaft broke on a crash/cartwheel landing). If thats no it, Im in for some trouble cuz this motor isnt even tuned in yet.

Any opinions?

Chris