Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

ATTN ThermalRD!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN ThermalRD!

a person i talkwith on a mammoth forum(binaryterror) said you have both a Revo and an LST, i currently own an LST but i want to get a second truck and im thinking about the REVO, what is your honest opinion on the REVO compared to the LOSI? is it a durable truck? is it faster than the losi (i have a picco .26 in mine)? tell me everything you can.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:43 PM
dr_killer_uk

Default RE: ATTN ThermalRD!

Seen the videos on the traxxas website for the REVO? they do some huge jumps and its fine, so it must be quite durable.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:25 PM
ThermalRD

Yup, Binary hangs out with us on race days, and some practice days. The Revo has never failed me once. I finally replaced a push rod yesterday. It was my fault, i hit the "I" beam at the indoor track we run at. Barely bent it, but i needed it fixed for the upcoming race on sunday. I have not raced them side by side yet, so i dont know which one actually has the highest top speed. According to magazines, the LST is faster up top. Im on gallon #3 in my Revo, and still no problems. Everything about the Revo is more durable than the LST. The LST is getting better with all the updates (cvd's, axles, screws, etc.) though. However i gotta tell ya i wasnt happy to see my rear diff come apart on me after Mondays' practice. To be totally honest, the Revo is the most reliable truck i've ever owned. Ask anybody that knows me. If i have any gripes about a truck, i let it be known.

ORIGINAL: proxpilot

a person i talkwith on a mammoth forum(binaryterror) said you have both a Revo and an LST, i currently own an LST but i want to get a second truck and im thinking about the REVO, what is your honest opinion on the REVO compared to the LOSI? is it a durable truck? is it faster than the losi (i have a picco .26 in mine)? tell me everything you can.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:46 PM
ICrashThings

Hey thermal, i was at my lhs the other night and they had a revo out on display along with a T-Maxx. Now im a basher, and i have been running GT's for over 3 years(i newby) so which one will be a good first MT? I was thinking Revo but im not sure. []
Old 10-22-2004, 05:01 PM
ThermalRD

Revo compared to a Maxx? The Revo is one of the strongest, if not THE strongest trucks i've ever owned. The Revo is alot tougher than a maxx. I havent seen many RC's made as strong as the Revo to be honest.

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

Hey thermal, i was at my lhs the other night and they had a revo out on display along with a T-Maxx. Now im a basher, and i have been running GT's for over 3 years(i newby) so which one will be a good first MT? I was thinking Revo but im not sure. []
Old 10-22-2004, 05:58 PM
ICrashThings

Cool thanks!

I need a strong truck cause well...im not what you call a "Good driver" but im sure after getting a $500 MT i sure as heck will be! [&:]
Old 10-22-2004, 06:08 PM
syndog

I knew a couple of pople who own LOSI and they keep falling apart and braking diff housings spur gears trans etc on the other hand i know someone with the revo very durable
Old 10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

I'm with thermal all the way. I own a revo and just bash the balls off it everyday just about. Most days at the rock quarry. The thing is constantly breaking, (just kidding LOL) I havent broken a thing yet from bashing. If you can land it on all four it will take what ever you throw at it. To a reasonable point It is also has blazing fast acceleration when tuned properly. 33% traxxas top fuel is power house combo with the 2.5R and revo. 9.5 out 10 I give it.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:25 PM
hispeed6

Thermal,

Well, I followed your lead and am ditching my LST. Was at the track Saturday and on my third trip to the hobby shop (never fails, I break something new every time and it's not something I have a spare for, I think I now have a spare truck in spare parts), got to the counter and said, "give me a LST header pipe, springs, gaskets, oh yeah and throw in a Revo so I don't have to keep coming back here for parts." True statement.

The straw that broke the camel's back, and I'm not making this up, was when I was at my table taking a break from wrenching on my LST and talking with a friend about the LST's reliability (or lack thereof) when we both hear this "ting" sound and a wheel pin snaps in half and falls out of the truck. Mind you this is with the wheels, hex drives, and drive pins properly installed and wheel nuts cinched down like normal. The truck actually broke ON THE BENCH without me touching it and with an eye-witness!

Anyway, I finished the break-in on the Revo this evening and am impressed with the cornering, this thing turns sharp! Not sure if I want to upgrade the steering servos yet, the stockers are fast enough for me right now. I'll definitely have to modify my driving style to suit the new truck. Not as much brute force down low as the LST but probably much faster in the corners.

Anybody want to buy a LST with about 4 gallons through it? It comes with lots of spares!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:17 AM
rozzibandit

Cheap? e-mail me at [email protected], maybe if The Price is Right. Used to love that show
Old 10-25-2004, 10:41 AM
hispeed6

Rozzibandit,

How cheap is cheap? When I get back from vacation I'll be putting it on Ebay. I'll post here when the auction starts. Ebay is the easiest way to buy and sell safely.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:10 PM
ThermalRD

Hispeed, many guys have already given up on the LST. Im asked every weekend why i dont race the LST. My answer remains the same every weekend! I want some numbers next to my name on the race results, not a DNS, or DNF. The LST is a big upset to me. Such a nice layout, nice ideas, yet poor quality. Too many failing parts. Im really pissed my rear diff blew out last monday at practice. Not that it surprises me though.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:48 PM
hispeed6

Thermal,

Yep, I can empathize. I caught my LST rear diff before it grenaded itself. Bought the aluminum diff cases on a whim and when I went to install them I found three out of four bearings were shot, so those got replaced before any damage to the gears was done. I agree, the layout of the truck is great, after rectifying the deficient clutch with aftermarket parts the power is great, but the detials and reliability just aren't there. I was getting tired of being at the track and having my race buddies just look at me and my truck, shake their heads, and head out to race while I was rebuilding something or another. I think they're going to miss me making all those trips to the hobby shop, hopefully I won't be the delivery service any more!

I think the biggest rule to racing is this: You can't win if you can't finish. I hope to finish a little more often with the Revo.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:16 PM
ThermalRD

If you dont finish with a Revo, then you simply werent at the race. I didnt see any broken revos sunday during the race. I've never seen a truck take hits like this truck does. Get that truck on the track, and teach those big blocks a lesson!
Old 10-25-2004, 03:52 PM
ICrashThings

Thermal, when u clean your truck or take it apart and put it back together is it hard? I mean we all had our problems rebuilding the nitros our first time but is it a easy setup? looks confusing to me. [&:]
Old 10-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Haldir

My girlfriend gave me an ultimatum:
"It's me or the monster truck."
-I'm gonna miss her.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:53 PM
hispeed6

the truth can be a bitter pill...
Old 10-25-2004, 05:23 PM
oatmealman
Banned

ORIGINAL: hispeed6

Thermal,

Yep, I can empathize. I caught my LST rear diff before it grenaded itself. Bought the aluminum diff cases on a whim and when I went to install them I found three out of four bearings were shot, so those got replaced before any damage to the gears was done. I agree, the layout of the truck is great, after rectifying the deficient clutch with aftermarket parts the power is great, but the detials and reliability just aren't there. I was getting tired of being at the track and having my race buddies just look at me and my truck, shake their heads, and head out to race while I was rebuilding something or another. I think they're going to miss me making all those trips to the hobby shop, hopefully I won't be the delivery service any more!

I think the biggest rule to racing is this: You can't win if you can't finish. I hope to finish a little more often with the Revo.
ya i agree it's a awesome truck,but for the 600-800 dollars you pay i would expect to she aluminum everything and it be a perfect design ,well **** son if if your gonna pay $600-800 then you should go buy a savage build it for a racer and never break anything,i thought the lst was awesome when it came out,but then i found these boards and i here'd it was a motherfuakin piss of s4it
Old 10-27-2004, 04:30 AM
Stevecut

Can the Revo take the strain of a bigger engine, the TRX2.5 really puts me off. I know it's upgraded but I read it's still a little more or less the same pain to tune. I own a Tmaxx, the engine is great when tuned right in cool ambient temperatures but when the ambient temps raise by a few degrees then it would be impossible to get right. I have had no similar problems with the OS.18 I replaced it with. Summer in my country is a constant over 90deg affair and please don't tell me that I don't know how to tune an engine because there were four of us with the same problem and since everyone of us replaced our engines we could at least stop driving when we run out of fuel. In winter, it's a different story I could have put a flag with 'Catch me if you can' written on it with confidence stuck on the rear of my truck. It's a pity some manufacturers, mainly Traxxas don't offer the REVO or even the T-maxx in kit form without engine , servos and radio. Many who have bought the T-maxx simply chucked all these items out of the window.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:31 PM
binaryterror

Yeah there was one that "broke"...but all his pit guy did was pop the Pivot Ball back in and he was running again in like 2 minutes or less...

I've seen the potential of the REVO....I'd buy one, but I've always liked to be different, and I really like my Mammoth.

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

If you dont finish with a Revo, then you simply werent at the race. I didnt see any broken revos sunday during the race. I've never seen a truck take hits like this truck does. Get that truck on the track, and teach those big blocks a lesson!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:32 PM
ThermalRD

Once you learn the revo, its easy to work on. The front and rear diff removal is an odd one for sure. Once you get it down, its easy.
ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

Thermal, when u clean your truck or take it apart and put it back together is it hard? I mean we all had our problems rebuilding the nitros our first time but is it a easy setup? looks confusing to me. [&:]