Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Clutch burning up

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 09:02 PM
paintballgod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch burning up

Whats up guys, i have a t-maxx with the xtm .21 conversion kit and a xtm 24.7 engine, Im currently using a supermaxx 1/8 scale 4-shoe clutch. For some reason, ever since i got the xtm engine i cant keep a set of clutch shoes in the thing. I first had the stock trx 2.5 shoes and it went through them in no time, then i got a 1/10 scale 4-shoe clutch and i also destroyed them. Now i have a supermaxx clutch which should have no trouble handling the engine but already i can look on the chasis beside the clutch bell and their is a line of black dust that builds up after a short run. I think its the clutch nut because it wont allow the springs to stay on it. they slip down the nut and onto shaft that the bearings ride on. Thinks thats the problem?
Old 10-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Roadhog2K4

Default RE: Clutch burning up

lmao, i find it funny, sry. but yeah, get aluminum clutch shoes.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:38 AM
paintballgod

Why are only a few people having the same problem as i am? Wont aluminum shoes create alot of heat and destroy the bell housing? Also does anyone make alum shoes for the supermaxx clutch setup?
Old 10-17-2004, 10:44 AM
worship_my_model98
My Feedback: (-1)

paintballgod, WORSHIP MY MODEL98
Old 10-17-2004, 12:49 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

UE has the aluminum shoes but, they require more maintenance. http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ore/86017.html
Old 10-17-2004, 11:37 PM
dr_killer_uk

Sounds like your clutch is slipping to much that will destroy them or just melt them lol, you might have to losen the slipper clutch to stop this happening. If your clutch kicks in real late this will be more likely to make them ware out too. I just can't see why if everything was setup ok the clutch would keep messing up. I have a mach .26 and the stock 2.5 clutch is still doing me good, and the mach .26 got nearly 3 BHP.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:16 AM
paintballgod

yeah, something must be wrong if i have this massive clutch and u have a 2.5 clutch and a bigger engine then me. I have my slipper tightened al the way up, if i loosen it i can accelerate as good or pop wheelies. Like i said, i think its the clutch nut because the springs arent on the nut but are on the shaft.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:20 PM
dr_killer_uk

your slipper shouldn't be tightend all the way up or when u land jumps it can't slip any and probably mess some gears up, what you need to do is losen it to where u can still do your wheelies but its not all the way tight. See what that does