Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Twisted off axles

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 11:07 PM
infernoMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twisted off axles

My buddy and I were bashing/racing our MT's today(a tmaxx and a revo). It was perfect temps for nitro engines outside.....around 55-60 degrees and we both had them tuned perfectly. What I am wondering is how in the world he twisted the axles off of his Tmaxx(which used to be mine). It just has the stock TRX 2.5 engine in it with the stock axles and he was driving it normally when it happened..such as in a straight line just acceling. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...51&FVPROFIL=++ . The ears twisted right off of these shafts. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what's a good fix for it?
Old 10-17-2004, 08:34 AM
kimberklr

Default RE: Twisted off axles

more than likely its from landing jumps with the gas on.i did the same thing within the first 2 gallons on my maxx.but i learned not to be on the gas while landing and the next set has lasted me through 4 gallons more of the 2.5 and over a gallon with the fantom fr18.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:20 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Twisted off axles

It happens to me alot and not from landing jumps but, from getting the power to the wheels. To be cheap I got a set of MIP Shiny CVD's in back and kept the stock plastic in front. The stock ones last alot longer up front as most of the force is going to the back. I am running a Big Block .27 so the stockers should last for a good long time up front but, I would at least get a set of CVD's for the back.