Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Traxxas online dictatorship.. I mean community

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas online dictatorship.. I mean community

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Ken448

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas online dictatorship.. I mean community

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT PLACE!?! The way they run it is absolutley rediculous!!! I get warnings for saying OMG.. My wheels look like poo... Good lord they run it like 3 year olds are reading the posts, last time I checked, my 3 yr old CANT read! Just a matter of time before Im banned from there (if not today due to a friendly PM I sent to one of the dictators that run the place ) Oh well.... Ill just conjure up a new name for the RC disney channel wanna be site.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:57 AM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Traxxas online dictatorship.. I mean community

lol,nice
Old 10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
t to the maxx2

Yea I got 5 pts for trying to buy and I quote " Aluminum bulkheads, traxxas or other brands" Then I got banned for arguing. I finalyl made some "nice" pictures of ovalqueen doing "stuff" to her tmaxx and got my IP banned LOL!
Old 10-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

thats y i never hang around there, they wont even let me register. so thats y i stick with RCU, best RC website in da WORLD!!!!!!! Traxxas only makes good truck
Old 10-23-2004, 03:08 PM
ThermalRD

They are VERY strict there. Remember one thing though. They are a HUGE business, and have a reputation to maintain. Other forums are not trying to sell you anything, and are NOT nearly as large of a company as Traxxas. Count how many manufacturers have their own online forums. I cant think of ANY other manufacturer that does. Team Associated has the talk forum, but everything is reviewed before posted. HPI has a forum in the same fashion as AE. I assure you, if you had a monster of a company like Traxxas you would NOT want any of the nonsense in your forums, that frequents this, and many other web forums. I have been EXTREMELY annoyed with the traxxas forum many times myself. To look at it from their perspective, its not just a hobbyist hangout. That IS their HOME page.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:34 PM
fhm101

They (traxxas) have laid out the rules and they enforce them, what's the mystery here? They pay for it so they can run it the way they see fit. If you don't agree with the way they do that the answer is simple, don't participate. Whining about the way traxxas runs their forum on this one is not only useless, it's also a waste of the bandwidth (also provided to you free of charge) intended to be used discussing rc car related topics. I used to be a regular on the traxxas and trinity boards until both places got too autocratic about what could and could not be said. I thought they went too far with the rules so I simply quit going to their forum. Set up and pay for your own forum and run it the way you want, until then either abide by the rules or don't go there.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:00 PM
raykessler

yah im not allowed there anymore
Old 10-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Haulin bass

OFNA has there own forum and live chat they have more relaxed rules as well.Also i cannot join traxxas board ive tried 3 time but nothing.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Ken448

Rules are all good, but if they dont have a list of the "bad" words, then its complete BS... Because I have been warned 3 times so far and for using the word "poo" "OMG" and something else.. to me, that is kind of rediculous.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:56 PM
jmangone23 tzs

god those forums are gay now they will only accepted email adressed that u have to pay for so yahoo wont work. (well thats what they told me)
Old 10-23-2004, 10:00 PM
bamaracer0

ORIGINAL: Haulin bass

OFNA has there own forum and live chat they have more relaxed rules as well.Also i cannot join traxxas board ive tried 3 time but nothing.
Does your email end with hotmail.com or yahoo.com or something free like that?
Old 10-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Haulin bass

nope my email is with my isp it @telus.net
Old 10-24-2004, 11:36 AM
frozen

ORIGINAL: fhm101

They (traxxas) have laid out the rules and they enforce them, what's the mystery here? They pay for it so they can run it the way they see fit. If you don't agree with the way they do that the answer is simple, don't participate. Whining about the way traxxas runs their forum on this one is not only useless, it's also a waste of the bandwidth (also provided to you free of charge) intended to be used discussing rc car related topics. I used to be a regular on the traxxas and trinity boards until both places got too autocratic about what could and could not be said. I thought they went too far with the rules so I simply quit going to their forum. Set up and pay for your own forum and run it the way you want, until then either abide by the rules or don't go there.
Yeah, I know the person they pay to host and maintain it
Old 10-24-2004, 03:02 PM
fhm101

That wouldn't be mr. and mrs. Wrecker (AKA queen of something) would it?
Old 10-24-2004, 03:40 PM
dr_killer_uk

Can't complain if they set the rules and you dont' like um come here lol. I must give it to them they do a grate job of keeping the rules upheld, allthough they are bit to extream.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:43 PM
bamaracer0

ORIGINAL: fhm101

That wouldn't be mr. and mrs. Wrecker (AKA queen of something) would it?
Ovalqueen and her husband?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:10 PM
r00st

dont get me started on that place... i only peek my head in occasionally to HOPE there is some decent info...

i too have received warning points up the wazoo for saying "crappy" and then i simply ASKED holmwrecker why i got warning points (at the time i didnt know what post i got points for...) and then i got another 5 points...lol

one of these days im gonna flip and see how many rules i can break in how many forums

but ya unless u personally know holmwrecker and ovalqueen they are nazis with the warning points....
Old 10-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Haulin bass

I cannot post on traxxas now but they registed my name and changed it to HaulinPast haha oh well thats funny to.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:09 AM
TopDeadCenter

I agree that they are very strict (you can't even register to the forums with a yahoo email account), but I do also understand that they have a reputation to maintain. I used to use hpisavageforum.com before it crashed, and they pretty much let you talk about anything, except they were all biased toward the savage of course. Thats why I registered here. The rules aren't terrible, and the site is not geared toward one specific car. Plus I can talk about helis, planes and boats if I ever decide to loose the wheels.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:21 PM
rcmtdriver2000

Just forget their site it's a babypool anyway. If you say something bad about their engines or products count on being banned.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:31 AM
Melancholy43920

lmfao i finally got banned from there sunday for supposedly swearing and complaining about the rules, even though i haven't been there in the past week. any large company HAS to be able to take the criticism right along with the praise. they put out products with cheap parts so you'll have to buy their extremely overpriced hopups so they can get even more money out of you. i like my T-Maxx but it is such a pain with things always breaking that 7 months and $2200 i am ready to give up and get something else. and i guarantee it WON'T be a Traxxas product! long live RCU and free speech!
Old 11-11-2004, 12:52 AM
Fishstyx
My Feedback: (15)

Well, I'm not alone. Comforting.

I'm a 32 year old network engineer and have been participating on vendor and freelance boards for years and have never seen more obnoxious behavior on the part of moderators. I've only been on the board a couple of days and I'm chalking it up to a waste of time. I made several posts and received no warning points. However, on at least three occasions my posts, and in one case the entire thread, was deleted or worse, edited. I find the gratuitous editing most offensive. Ovaltine didn't even specify what had been edited. There was simply new post content with my name on it. It was like my 6th grade English teacher had her way with it.

I was so tweaked by it I actually wrote a 2 page letter to Traxxas. I received a reassuring PM from a Traxxas employee stating they would !QUOT!look into it and talk to Ovaltine!QUOT!, but it seems like lip service. I did some surfing and it seems like nearly 10% of posts on the forum have been edited by Ovaltine. The bottom line for me is that the forum is a fraud and mostly propaganda. An online puffed piece made to look like thousands of Traxxas enthusiasts heaping praise.

Being a vendor sanctioned site is a double edged sword. Unlike a freelance site, you, the user are likely also a customer that spends big money on their wares. I'm about to vote with my wallet.

I haven't spent much time on RCU for the past year or so while I focused on electric flight at ezone, but it looks like I have a reason to return and participate in a forum whose moderators show a modicum of respect for their members.

Jason
Old 11-11-2004, 01:00 AM
t to the maxx2

ovaltine, i like that. I remember i went through about 10 accounts there, the last few just making offensive posts t show my hatred for their place. They finally banned my ip. LOL
Old 11-11-2004, 01:36 AM
69 GTO

I just started reading that site about 2 weeks ago and i have to say i am really amazed at the way they run that place. As was said it is their site and they can run it anyway they please, but to have a site that is informative and "fun" you need to show the members respect and realize that not all of them are kids (no offense to the younger members here)

I'm a supermod on one internet forum and a mod on another with about 1600 members (both are hunting&fishing sites) and i know from experiance that overmoderation will drive away the good members that have alot to offer and leave you with nothing but newbies that are asking more than they are sharing.

I've found a few good things over there but 75% of that site just seems waaay to romper room(anyone else old enough to remember that show?)

Thats why i have really started to enjoy this site..its a good mix of age groups and you can be a bit more "yourself" without worring too much about "points".

BTW whats the deal with the yahoo emails not being able to register on traxxas's site? that seems kinda wierd[sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-11-2004, 01:39 AM
ScMc

bah! just go to email.com and register, its free and REALLY quick and easy, Kinda like a disposable E-mail!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.