Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

trx 2.5 connecting rod only lasts 3 gallons?!?!

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

trx 2.5 connecting rod only lasts 3 gallons?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 05:55 PM
XSiVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trx 2.5 connecting rod only lasts 3 gallons?!?!

I was just reading through my T-Maxx owner's manual and Traxxas recommends to replace the connecting rod after 3 gallons?!?!? *** thats insane. I looked it up in the REVO manual since thats got pretty much the same motor in it, and they say it should be atleast inspected after 3 gallons..

sounds a lot like the car companies recommending you change oil at 3000 miles even tho you dont need it till atleast 5000...

anybody shine some light on this for me? How long do your motors/rods last?
Old 10-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trx 2.5 connecting rod only lasts 3 gallons?!?!

mine has been lastin for 4 years but its better to change them when you are changin the pistina and sleeve