Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx long shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 06:12 PM
cmate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx long shocks

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of shocks similar to these that will work on the tmaxx:

http://www.extremercmotorsports.com/...HBTHREADSHOCKS

A friend of mine has them on his savage, and they are so cool. They are real long, so they push the suspension arms up high, and have lots of travel...

Or, maybe these will work on the tmaxx already??

Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:48 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: tmaxx long shocks

They may look cool but, they don't work worth a darn! I have had them for my Maxx and I just sold them! Get some Traxxas Big Bores Or some UE Racer X shocks and call it a day!
Old 10-26-2004, 07:14 PM
dr_killer_uk

Ya i was thinking of how cool it would be to get some for my max but then i though its just pointless as you just about get hte max travel with the stock ones. Just get some integy piggyback ones just for the cool factor!
Old 10-27-2004, 07:15 AM
R/C Madman

The ones made for the Maxx from Hotbodies are not that long! They are the same lenth as stock Maxx shocks. If you were going to put those Long ***** Savage shocks on your Maxx then you would have wasted your money! [X(]
Old 10-27-2004, 07:18 AM
cmate

I was looking at these shocks because I want to do some high jumps. What do you recommend for tough jump shocks?
Old 10-27-2004, 09:40 AM
R/C Madman

The Traxxas Big Bores or the UE Racer-X shocks!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSP65&P=ML

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ore/10120.html
Old 10-27-2004, 02:47 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

I just slapped the big bores on mine with 40wt in the front 4 and 60 wt in the rear. It made a barely significant difference from the stocks for landing big jumps, but the general handling has improved significantly. Basically I have found nothing that helps handle the really big jumps without bottoming out that doesn't completely muck up the general handling of my maxx. The only way I've been able to handle huge jumps without bottoming is to put the shocks in the default mount locations, increase the oil weight and preload the hell out of em, but this made them rebound something feirce and it makes it handle for ****. I think that bottoming out is unavoidable on huge jumps unless your willing to sacrifice general handling.

However, I'm a newb so there may be something out there that works and I just haven't found it yet.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:28 PM
ZondaC12

well personally id think if you want to do some big jumping change em to that and then when you want to have some good handling chage em back. if you want really nice handling at the same time as being able to land huge jumps i think thats asking a little too much.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:01 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

try the big bore shocks.. with some progressive rate springs... works good for me...
Old 10-27-2004, 06:19 PM
R/C Madman

Finding what works as far as oil/spring combos for jumping can take a bit of experimenting and the same is true if you are looking for handling on the track.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:22 AM
cmate

I am not really concerned (yet) with track handling. This is mostly for backyard bashing.
We have been setting up jumps and stuff in the back yard, and I am trying to get a good setup so my tmaxx wont break so fast...
Seems like I am watching more than I am bashing...