Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 10:21 PM
69 GTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo clutch

This has probaly been asked before but i looked and didnt see it on the first couple pages anywhere.

What is a good aftermarket Hi-Po clutch for the revo? any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2004, 10:24 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Revo clutch

there are some on ebay...clutch, flywheel, shoes...not sure if anyone has tried em though...
Old 10-27-2004, 10:31 PM
69 GTO

Yeah thats actually why i was asking, i saw an aluminum 2 shoe set up on ebay for about $6 and was wondering if it was decent or if there is something a little better out there.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:16 PM
69 GTO

Anyone else have any input on the clutch? i'd like to pick up a new one this weekend and would appreciate any more info you guys might have on them.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:14 PM
MRA 68

To the best of my knowledge, the Revo has clutch shoes with a liner material (like the brake shoes). I don't know if that'll make a difference to the performance or longevity of the clutch, just something to keep in mind. I'd be curious to hear how it works out if you try another type.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:06 PM
fastcrash

this is what i have in my revo, it made a huge difference. had to work to get the truck to wheelie before, not anymore! http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGBC4&P=7
Old 10-29-2004, 09:34 AM
jrpii

I'm waiting for my Revo to arrive, and from what I read here a clutch is an inexpensive hop up that makes a big difference. the above link shows for a T-max are they interchangeable?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:52 PM
69 GTO

Yup same motor they both use the 2.5
Old 10-29-2004, 02:51 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: maxxoverkill

Yup same motor they both use the 2.5

not exactly, the 2.5r has had a new machined head added to it, and traxxas techs have told me the sleeve has been altered. that, with the new header/pipe has made a huge difference. i had nothing but trouble with the 2.5 . it was always overheating, and would constantly die. when i bought the revo, i fully expected to have to replace the motor immediatley. that was not the case, the 2.5r runs incredible! 220-240 deg. all day long on odonnel 30% race fuel.

did i mention this engine rocks?
Old 10-29-2004, 02:57 PM
69 GTO

There are a few changes to it but what i meant was that the motor in the maxx and the Revo are the same size and the clutch will work for both trucks
Old 10-29-2004, 09:14 PM
BDASREVO

Just wondering is that all you did is add the clutch shoe set. or is there more to it. I would love to have a little more snap in my revo. Any other good hop ups for revo performance?

Revo
kyosho mp 7.5
Ofna 9.5
Old 10-29-2004, 10:13 PM
69 GTO

I just bought a 3 shoe aluminum clutch tonight and just finished installing it, i'll let ya know how i like it.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:16 PM
jrpii

Thanks for the info: well just finished my 1st tank and I don't think I can handle another at 1/4 throttle (it's killing me) keep us posted w/ the new clutch
Old 11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
wolffee027

i have a revo and love it the power is great but hearing about the upgraded clutch is making me want one. i am some what concerned on the installation. i am somewhat skilled i think. i have replaced the knuckles upfront do to accident . i switched out all the A-Arms to aluminum , added all the skid plates and new roll bar myself also changed out the shockes rocker arms for the shocks so i am somewhat capable im sure to do the job but messing with the engine worries me a little. can you give me some insight on how hard this would be, error for total breakage? any info would be great thanks also which clutch to look at. i want something performance something nice as i have spent enough money on upgrades already for this thing to almost buy another one. so i dont want to throw some junk in there. thanks alot

ryan
Old 11-01-2004, 06:01 PM
69 GTO

Changing a clutch is easy ryan

remove the allen screw holding the pipe on between the pipe&motor, remove the 2 bolts holding the header to the motor, undo the fuel lines, remove the 4 bolts holding the motor to the mount, slide carb linkage out of the "holder" (easy on the revo)

Slide the E-clip off the shaft on the clutch bell and remove clutch bell....slide clutch shoes off.

Hold the flywheel from turning using ethier vise grips with rubber between the grips and fly wheel(protect the fly wheel) or use a piston stop, and remove the clutch nut. Pull fly wheel off.

Then put new stuff on in reverse order.

I used a Integy aluminum 3 shoe clutch that came with the new flywheel...cost about $16
Old 11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
wolffee027

sounds like it can get hairy if you dont know what your doing but i will give it a try as the worst thing happens i bring it to my local place. they charge 17 an hour and said they can fix just about any problom within 30 -45 min so worst comes to worst wont be that bad. thanks for the info. and you are seeing big improvements by changing the clutch. is this going to put more presure on weaker parts?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:28 PM
69 GTO

Still havent had a chance to break my Revo in yetLOL but i've changed the clutch on a couple other cars/trucks i've owned(T-maxx, MBX) and it makes a noticable difference off the line..makes it take off a bit faster and with good traction wheelies.

Its not as hard as it sounds, if you do it and have problems just let us know and we can walk ya through it
Old 11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
wolffee027

thanks alot you guys here are great i mean i just found this sight a few hours ago as i have only had my revo for about 3 weeks and have gone through a little over a gallon of nitro as i cant stop driving it and pour about 400 bucks in add ons and gets my gf mad at me but whatever right. but you guys here seem really cool and smart so thanks and i appreciate it..
Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Maxxoverkill, what 3 shoe clutch did you buy???
Old 11-01-2004, 07:21 PM
nitroracer20

i was thinking about buying a new clutch for my t-maxx( and my rs4 3), i didnt know you had to take off the flywheel, i thought you just take the clutch off and put the new one on. Is this correct?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
69 GTO

ORIGINAL: R/C Madman

madman i bought the Integy aluminum 3 shoe for $16...hope to get a chance to try it out in the next day or two.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
R/C Madman

If you go from a 2 shoe to a 3 shoe you need to chage flywheels.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:38 PM
69 GTO

ORIGINAL: nitroracer20

i was thinking about buying a new clutch for my t-maxx( and my rs4 3), i didnt know you had to take off the flywheel, i thought you just take the clutch off and put the new one on. Is this correct?
Thanks
Nitroracer

the stock Revo clutch is a 2 shoe clutch so when i changed to the 3 shoe i had to change the flywheel also.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:42 PM
R/C Madman

ORIGINAL: maxxoverkill

ORIGINAL: R/C Madman

madman i bought the Integy aluminum 3 shoe for $16...hope to get a chance to try it out in the next day or two.
I bought the same one a few months ago and it worked fine for about 2 weeks then one of the pins on the fly wheel came out![:'(] I went and spent a bit more ($36) on the next 3 shoe and got a Great Assembly clutch setup. It comes with 2 springs, flywheel and 7075 shoes that seem like they are going to last a good long time.

http://www.greatassemblyrc.com/3_Sho...h_Assembly.cfm
Old 11-01-2004, 07:45 PM
69 GTO

Thanks for the heads up, i'll see how this one lasts and if i have probs then i'll pick up the one you have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.