Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

MEGATECH 16 wont start/Gas Leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Cordachinie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MEGATECH 16 wont start/Gas Leak

Greetings:
I come to you all in a dire time. I just purchased a 1st gen T-Maxx from Ebay and it came with an upgraded Megatech 16 engine and a stinger exhaust pipe. While I saved some money on the truck, after attempting to start it, taking it to my LHS, tring new glow plugs, and new glow drivers, I couldn't get it to start! [:@] :cry: While the LHS was NO help on the matter, I, a complete novice to Monster trucks, took to tring to figure out what was wrong. The first thing I had noticed was the fact that gas was spitting from somewhere on my hand while I was pull starting the truck. I adjusted the intake settings, bought a new air filter, looked around the exhaust, checked the gas tank and line for leaks and got nothing. So I cleaned everything up and tried to pull start the truck slowly to see if i could generate the same leak. I found that the leak is coming from the flywheel, and the reason I was getting gas on my hand was because the flywheel was throwing the gas everywhere. Now, I know that flywheel's don't have gas, but I Don't know where it is coming from. I dont see any gas leaking it from the top of the carb. Soooo... I have 2 questions.
1. Would this be a reason for the truck not to start?
2. Where is the gas coming from?
ANY advice/suggestions/insite would be GRRRRRRREAT! TY