Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Aligning the needle housing with the fule line?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Aligning the needle housing with the fule line?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 10:46 AM
danthehitman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aligning the needle housing with the fule line?

I have a quick question about aligning the high speed needle housing with the fuel line. This may seem like a stupid question but I was under the impression that there was a small inset ring inside the plastic nipple part that attaches to the fuel line so it didnt matter where the holes were. The main reason that I bought that theory was because I have had to take that needle housing out a couple of times while on the phone with traxxas support and they didnt mention anything about lining those up. Also, I had to get a new carb body and i didnt line it up when I put it all together and I figured the chances of my getting that lucky were pretty slim. Especially considering I had to do it three or four times and it seemed to work each time.

On the other hand, I have had quite a few problems getting it tuned and running right so I am checking everything I can. I just read a post this morning in which tommythecat replied and asked the guy if he had those lined up so I thought I would check. If it's a stupid question be gentle, and if it's a stupid quesiton traxxas support should be telling people to line those up.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:55 AM
theedge001

Default RE: Aligning the needle housing with the fule line?

I have had my high speed needle out numerous times and never bothered to line the holes up when putting it back in and dont seem to have any probs with my truck at all.... it may be the case but not for me !!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 12:32 PM
danthehitman

Default RE: Aligning the needle housing with the fule line?

Thank you. Can anyone confirm that?