Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

maxx replacement part suggestions request

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 08:43 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maxx replacement part suggestions request

Well I've had it with busting skids, bumpers, bumper mounts, a-arms and turnbuckles. Unfortunately I cannot bring myself to stop jumping. I just keep building bigger ramps in areas with longer take-off and landing areas: steep ones, long gradual ones, upward hooking ones, ramps of all shapes and sizes. I realize that my addiction means that broken parts are simply unavoidable. That being said, I'm looking for specific reccomendations on the the toughest available replacement parts for all of the items listed above, and below:

T-maxx 2.5:
a-arms
front and rear skids
turnbuckles
bumpers and mounts

I'd prefer plastic to aluminum. I seem to be hearing most people saying RPM makes the best plastic replacement parts. Is this true?
Old 10-29-2004, 09:42 PM
ils

Default RE: maxx replacement part suggestions request

From what I've read, RPM parts are much tougher than stock. With reasonable use, RPM will replace the part for free if you managed to break it.
Here's a link to their warranty policy:
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/faq/warranty.htm
Old 10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
ratpower396

go to hardcore racing they will hook you up with titanium skids & stuff..
Old 10-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Melancholy43920

forget HCR parts. they are extremely overpriced and don't hold up much better than aluminum parts. RPM all the way!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:20 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: Melancholy43920

forget HCR parts. they are extremely overpriced and don't hold up much better than aluminum parts.
I beg to differ. The titanium skids act like a big spring loaded bumper. Where the front of an aluminum skid will fold back against the bulkhead brace, a Ti skid will compress just a bit and spring back. The problem with using Ti skids, or any metal skids for that matter, is they transfer the strain your plastic lower braces. IMHO, a set of Rockhoundz lower braces, Hardcore Ti skids, and grade 10.9 hardware to hold it all together, is the toughest, longest lived Tmaxx lower frame I've ever seen. While the braces and skids are easy to come by, not everyone carrries the good hardware. Tony's Screws has T Maxx screw kits that contain top shelf grade 12.9 and 10.9 fasteners, and they don't get any stronger than that in the small sizes we use.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:55 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HCR Ti Skids are super tough 100x better then aluminum and adding good hardware is always a good idea!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:26 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

How does titanium compare to aluminum as far as weight goes? It's pretty light too isn't it?
Old 11-01-2004, 01:36 PM
fhm101

A titanium skid the same dimensions as an aluminum skid will weigh more. The good news is due to the greater strength of the titanium skid, it can be made much thinner than the aluminum and still give better protection. While i have not scaled them out, just by feel a hardcore Ti skid is lighter than an r/c alloys aluminum skid. When you add in the greater resistance to bending in the Ti skid, even if it weighed a bit more it would be worth it. I cut the rear skid way down any way, so my Ti skid set will come out lighter than a set of good aluminum skids.