Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

2.5r compression vs mach .26 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Pinolelst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5r compression vs mach .26 question

OK so I bought a revo a few weeks ago and before I had a chance to start it for the first time a buddy talks me into selling it to him on the spot.I own an lst already so I figured what the heck maybe I can suck another friend into the money pit of r/c MT's

So the poor guy can't get it to run right or at all.The easystart glow plug ignitor never did so he's using a glow plug heater.When he could get it to start it seemed OK but wouldn't run for more than about 3 minutes before dying.He's shortened the fuel line between the tank and carb and that seemd to solve his run time problem for a short time except for when he'd roll it over..the engine would die every time.Now his carb body is stripped where the inlet goes in and despite his repairs it either won't start or when it does it won't shift into second.
He's ordered a metal bodied replacement carb for it ( why plastic in the first place ????????????????????) so maybe that will solve all his problems (crosses fingers).I'm starting to feel bad about selling it to him at all except that I'd probably be struggling with it now instead of him
I know you guys are the experts on revo's .I've told him to go online to check the message boards for advice but he's got an aversion to asking for help I think so any insight I could pass along to him would be greatly appreciated.Plus I can take credit for thinking up the fix !!!!

Anyway TIA

Peace [8D]

Forgot about the compression part.I can turn his motor over with the flywheel fairly easy ..I can feel compression but it's nowhere near as hard to turn over as my mach .26 which has about 2 gallons of fuel already through it.Is this normal because my pistons bigger or should his be just as tight ??
Old 11-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Jayphred

Default RE: 2.5r compression vs mach .26 question

Just to answer the plastic carb bit. Plastic has less heat soak than metal. Cheaper also[8D]
Old 11-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Pinolelst

Default RE: 2.5r compression vs mach .26 question

well thanks for that much. Seems no one else even bothered to postulate on his problems.He did get on the traxxas BB finally( where I shoulda gone apparently) after much discussion he's convinced he's got bad compression and will send it to traxxas for warranty