Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo won't Idle. Opti Drive Culprit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo won't Idle. Opti Drive Culprit?

My Revo decided it doenst want to idle about 2 tanks ago. I dont know what's going on. I've screwed the idle in a bit to bring the idle up but the problem isnt the idle itsself it's the fact that it will die when you land from a jump....no matter waht size. You have to keep the throttle on constantly. If you go wide open then let off and try to get back on it it dies. The truck runs awesome and @230 degrees. It's not too rich on bottom or top. I've leaned both to the point that it got up to 280. I also replaced the glowplug thinking that might be the problem. The only other thing I can think of is the Opti-Drive. Is the blue light supposed to constantly flicker?, or would that even cause a problem at all with the truck.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:12 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Revo won't Idle. Opti Drive Culprit?

chances are its not the opti drive. I think you have a air leak, possibly fuel like or tank. Something similar happened to me, ended up that my fuel tank cracked.......it ran fine when I was on it, but as soon as I let off I had to give it gas or it would die. Actually last week in my best race I died with 2 minutes to go.......almost exactly to the T whats happening to you. Check the lines and tank.....thats my suggestion for starters...
Old 11-06-2004, 06:09 PM

I'd definetly think it was an airleak if I was running hot. I'm running plenty cool though and fast to boot. Do you think it could still be an airleak?
Old 11-06-2004, 06:15 PM
My Feedback: (2)

honestly if there is a leak i dont think if would matter hot or cold.....see if others post, im not a pro but it happened to me and it makes sense....also check your idle settings ....maybe its just idling to low?
Old 11-06-2004, 08:11 PM

Well I know for sure it's not the idle speed....I really dont think it has anything to do with any of my needle settings at all. I spent all afternoon trying to find out an appropriate mixture for it.....and when I had it running well it started doing this "dieing thing" on me. No matter the mixture it just wanted to stall.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:27 PM

Sounds like a air leak to me also. I use to have a T maxx that had started getting hard to tune, it seemed like you just couldnt find the proper setting on the needles, then after a few days like that it started dieing on me when i'd hit the brakes or let it idle down.

A buddy looked it over and found that i had a leak in the seal on the tank, said when it was a small leak it just messed with the needle setting a bit but as it got worse it started killing the motor at idle.

BTW mine never ran "overly hot" with the leak ethier
Old 11-06-2004, 09:17 PM

i think its a air leak too, because when you give gas theres more fuel going into the engine and the engine is spinning faster, when its at idle you get a little bit of fual and when air hits the carb instead of the fuel its dies cuz of no fuel to burn, but when its running faster you have fuel coming in faster
Old 11-07-2004, 02:44 PM

It starts right up and you can sit there and idle for a while before it eventually loads up(like normal). The problem is when you get on the gas.....and return to idle you have to hit the gas a bit for it to resume back to idle. It's really weird. I thought maybe it was a flywheel problem at 1st but the flywheel turns the engine over without any slippage.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:21 AM

I alos think you have an air leak, just not in the inbound fuel stream. It sounds like your air leak is more on the pressure side of things since you are not getting any temp issues. Check your tank, lid seal, and pressure line.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:18 AM

Thanks for all of the replies. I will not be able to try any of them until next weekend when I come home from school, but i'll let you know what I find.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:46 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Check all your linkages as well. Make sure nothing is binding and spray mists of water out of a water bottle on your backplate,carb neck, and head where is seats on the block. If you have an airleak at any of these places it will stall almost imediately do to the mixture rapidly richening from pulling in some of the water. If thats not it start replacing stuff. The stuff is cheap, fuel line and gas tank=pennies