Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

hvmax brushless for emaxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 08:51 PM
upssteve
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hvmax brushless for emaxx

got the brushless setup in mail today from tower.. cant wait to test on weekend. emaxx new chassis and mod parts almost ready for pics... will keep posted how it goes
Old 01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

Default RE: hvmax brushless for emaxx

sweet ive been waiting for that to be in stock for a long time. i was thinking about putting that setup in my e-maxx but im more into crawling and slower speed stuff. i use my nitro one for high speeds and jumps. but then again with that kit i could gear it to hit speeds of about 20 and have massive torque
Old 01-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Ducklake

Awesome, keep us posted!!

Here's a guy that's got one in his truck, video also
[link=http://www.alongi.net/rcdivision/emaxx.htm]Link[/link]
Old 01-04-2005, 03:56 AM
iBlake
My Feedback: (3)

You don't necessarily have to go brushless for speed, they are great low-speed motors as well because they have EXTREMELY smooth acceleration, much better than brushed motors. So if you are serious about crawling but still want to be able to go fast, a brushless system is the way to go...
Old 01-04-2005, 06:12 AM
pritch

Yeah when my motors finally pack up I think I will definitely replace with brushless provided it's not too much hassle. I will definitely be watching this thread to see how it comes along, and any tips you might pick up from the experience. Good luck with it, and don't forget we want pics [8D]
Old 01-04-2005, 06:38 PM
studysession

If you want ultimate torque and pwoer you get a good brushless system - JMO - But notice I say a good brushless system. That is not Novak (Sorry). Get something like a Warrior 9918 ESC and a Feigao 9L motor: http://www.rc-monster.com

Will be much faster, loads more torque and power and very upgradable to other motors and ESC's if you like later. JMO

I am sure you will be happy with the Novak - They make great brushless systems for beginners. Getting a high quality brushless systems requires more setup and work like soldering your own plugs and understand more about a propper connection where Novak is just plug and play and Novak works with cheap low quality batteries where a good brushless system would choke on low quality batteries and connections. Just way it is.

Let us know what you think of the Novak and if you post pics of the setup once it is installed. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:11 PM
raykessler

listen to SS he knows his brushless
Old 01-04-2005, 11:18 PM
MAXXacceleration

I'm gonna bring my dead E-Maxx back with brushless. I don't need the very fastest, or have the absolute most torque. I want to crawl in 1st and putt from here to there in 2nd. A 'plug and play' Novak HV will be enough for me. The above link says(on RCZ) that his wheelies on comand and goes 40+. I don't need any more than that. And that will be good enough for a lot of people. Plus these other brushless systems cost a bit more.
As long as the HVMaxx doesn't thermal. I'm waiting to hear more long term feedback.
My kids Novak 5800 brushless Stampede absolutely rips-its fast enough. It doesn't need to go 50! And it has stayed fairly cool so far. And yes, I can use my beater 2400mah nicad's.
I get my speed fix with nitro, and just keep re-fueling and go for extended times...
I know your knowledgeable in rc studysession, but calling the HVMaxx system for beginners is arrogance.
To use my own line, 'Ya gotta pay to play', and I'm not gonna shell out big $$$.
To each his own.

EDIT: I see your recommended set-up studysession, is comparable to the Novak HV in price.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:28 PM
camra88

The HV-maxx isnt much cheaper then the set up SS suggested eariler. I agree with him 110%. Compare prices? Wait, you cant, they're the same price! Only one gives you alot of power and speed, and the other is just what SS called it.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:25 AM
studysession

There are good ESC's and motors out there for a good prive without going Novak. I have the Novak SS 5800 and right now it is sent to Novak for warranty repair. So I have used them and familiar with how they work. Just not my favorate.

The BK Warrior ESC"s are not as expensive like Hacker and Schulze. I have a Warrior 9918 ESC in my Hyper 7 1/8 scale buggy and I feel it is a great ESC for the price. I have an EMaxx coming that I ordered from Tower Hobbies. I will be using the 9918 in it as well. For the price and the power that these ESC's and motors give you. Just can't beat the deals.

Just as I said, these are not plug and play likke that Novak and you must run good quality batteries where the Novak will run well on cheap batteries.

JMO
Old 01-05-2005, 03:31 AM
iBlake

You have an electric powered Hyper 7?
Old 01-05-2005, 03:35 AM
studysession

YES - I converted my Hyper 7 to bruhless electric. All the specs will be in RCU Magazine soon.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:50 AM
iBlake

Nice, I'd be VERY interested in that...
Old 01-08-2005, 06:19 PM
upssteve

well the emax brushless setup is complete.... raced emax today and i beat it for first 90 feet... he caught me at first turn i beat him to next three turns and he caught me at a fifty foot straight.. i caught him at next turn and beat him by 3 feet to the finish line... 3 laps and i was only behind once.
cant say anything else about hv max brushless except that is with 2 six cell batteries... will try seven cell packs tomorrow... it will flip on its lid so easy and whellie thru both gears easy. adding proline shocks and mip cvd's tomorrow morning before we run it again... pictures will be posted in the next couple of days...
Old 01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
upssteve

here are the pictures of my brushless emax conversion... rpm, gorilla max chassis and hv max brushless setup...[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51948.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	212849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68526.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	212850  
Old 01-09-2005, 06:39 PM
iBlake

Were you racing a stock E-Maxx? Or did you mean T-Maxx?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:41 PM
upssteve

here are some more pictures[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 06:41 PM
studysession

That chassis is nice.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:46 PM
upssteve

was racing a stock tmax and i beat it no problem was only behind once... this gorilla chassis changed the emax... it doesnt whellie like it did with stock chassis and it is faster with the new mip cvd all around i installed today... 7 cell packs are next didnt get to it today... this emax is awesome... and novak is good for me i dont need any more speed.... it is fast and reliable so far... running 16 tooth pinion not stock 18 novak reccomends that [img][/img][img][/img]

Name:	Pn36906.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	212855  
Old 01-09-2005, 06:54 PM
studysession

Looks nice - I am not a big fan for novak.

Is that a plug over the hole where another motor would go? I like that idea. I have an EMaxx coming that I will be putting a brushless motor on. Not sure which I will use.

Name:	Ec89225.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	212856  
Old 01-09-2005, 06:59 PM
upssteve

the gorilla chassis made the car lower the cvd's are pretty straight in center and the emax really hugs the track in the corners... ran it today with street tires in road and it is really fast... it is so much faster than stock emax and faster than a stock tmax.. gas boys will be impressed with this setup because it is fast and not as messy... it has rpm a arms, knuckles, shock tower and body mount. , gorilla max chassis, mip cvds all around, hvmax brushless setup and jr servos and xs3 radio... made it the grave digger because i had the body...came out pretty nice i think...

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Name:	Xv63301.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	212861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69406.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	212862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16078.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	212863  
Old 01-09-2005, 07:02 PM
studysession

Looking at your tires - you race onroad or offroad?
Old 01-09-2005, 07:06 PM
upssteve

hey ss you need some more motors,,,,,,lol...........i might try another later for now novak seems great... time will tell how durable and i couldnt imagine it being much faster... it is so quick off the line its scary... and my tmax never scared me...
Old 01-09-2005, 07:09 PM
upssteve

i race on and off road... the tmax race was off road but not so bumpy. today i ran on road because i stayed home...
Old 01-09-2005, 07:10 PM
studysession

It's all good. I used to like my Novak SS 5800 until it broke. Waiting for it to return from warranty repair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.